AMD Confirms Zen 5 will Get Ryzen 8000 Series Branding, "Navi 3.5" Graphics in 2024Z

My guess would be that both will full-on RDNA4.
For the mid-cycle refreshes (aka pro models)?

No way... At most it'll be some big version of strike point or such with that new ai compute thing.

All new ai bot assist:
"Here are sales for games you probably want.. I know you just got paid today....come on click me."

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-to-sell-550000-h100-compute-gpus-in-2023-report

"While we don't know the precise mix of GPUs sold, each Nvidia H100 80GB HBM2E compute GPU add-in-card (14,592 CUDA cores, 26 FP64 TFLOPS, 1,513 FP16 TFLOPS) retails for around $30,000 in the U.S. However, this is not the company's highest-performing Hopper architecture-based part. In fact, this is the cheapest one, at least for now. Meanwhile in China, one such card can cost as much as $70,000."

CDW was reportedly selling them for $30,000 (discontinued as of Nov 2023)

Microsoft is getting a discount so their cost is $10,000 for each MI300X.
Yeah... Should buy the crap out of their stock. Chip shortage is over so they are probably selling quite a lot

Yeah... Should buy the crap out of their stock. Chip shortage is over so they are probably selling quite a lot
I own both AMD and Nvidia stock, both are going up quite a lot, Nvidia especially. Palantir registered a significant gain the other day. AI is the hot item lately. Nvidia has reached out to Intel to strike a deal to have Intel fab chips for them since TSMC cannot produce chips and packaging quickly enough.

I own both AMD and Nvidia stock, both are going up quite a lot, Nvidia especially. Palantir registered a significant gain the other day. AI is the hot item lately. Nvidia has reached out to Intel to strike a deal to have Intel fab chips for them since TSMC cannot produce chips and packaging quickly enough.
yeah with Intel buying all of the next gen machines from ASML(?) for the next few years, I'm thinking we're going to see a pretty big jump from INTC in their fabs

I bought AMD stock in December at $139...it was $177 a few days ago (gone down slightly since)...I think it's a good investment...won't get as high as Nvidia but should still do really well over the next few years

I bought AMD stock in December at $139...it was $177 a few days ago (gone down slightly since)...I think it's a good investment...won't get as high as Nvidia but should still do really well over the next few years
I think Nvidia will exceed $1,000/share either this year or next. I think investors/analysts are having troubles wrapping their heads around a company's stock gaining so quickly and it being sustainable. Nvidia's AI components are still in high demand and they will likely have another fabulous quarter. Nvidia is breaking the traditional stock formulas do to sustained high demand and they being the biggest game in town for AI while many others are playing catch up. AMD is a bit behind, but they have room to run. I think they may hit $200-300 in 2025 unless they have a couple of blowout quarters that get investors excited in 2024.

I think Nvidia will exceed $1,000/share either this year or next. I think investors/analysts are having troubles wrapping their heads around a company's stock gaining so quickly and it being sustainable. Nvidia's AI components are still in high demand and they will likely have another fabulous quarter. Nvidia is breaking the traditional stock formulas do to sustained high demand and they being the biggest game in town for AI while many others are playing catch up. AMD is a bit behind, but they have room to run. I think they may hit $200-300 in 2025 unless they have a couple of blowout quarters that get investors excited in 2024.

it's not going to hit $1000/share...it will split before then (3-for 1, 4-for 1)...a lot of companies split when the share prices get too high- Apple, Microsoft etc

yeah with Intel buying all of the next gen machines from ASML(?) for the next few years, I'm thinking we're going to see a pretty big jump from INTC in their fabs
Maybe, depends on their pricing for wafers and if they get enough demand from big name companies such as Apple Nvidia, etc. TSMC is the largest chip producer now, exceeding both Samsung and Intel. Intel will have the upper hand with leading edge node experience.

it's not going to hit $1000/share...it will split before then (3-for 1, 4-for1)
Don't be so sure. Tesla, Apple, and Amazon exceeded $1000/ share with Amazon and Tesla exceeding $2,000/share before their last stock split.

100% also amzn and msft

Just wait until Amazon starts putting AI robots for the packing line

Don't be so sure. Tesla, Apple, and Amazon exceeded $1000/ share with Amazon and Tesla exceeding $2,000/share before their last stock split.
I'm also sure the AI market is growing and will continue to steal market from all sectors

it's not going to hit $1000/share...it will split before then (3-for 1, 4-for 1)...a lot of companies split when the share prices get too high- Apple, Microsoft etc

Maybe, depends on their pricing for wafers and if they get enough demand from big name companies such as Apple Nvidia, etc. TSMC is the largest chip producer now, exceeding both Samsung and Intel. Intel will have the upper hand with leading edge node experience.

Nvidia announced a 10-for-1 stock split yesterday

$50,000 would've made you 1-2 million over the last 6-12 months

200-400% gain, then the 10x split, plus another 20%
10x split does not increase the cost of your stock by 10, you're not getting 9 free shares for every 1 share you own, in fact it does just the opposite, the value of each stock drops by a factor of 10.

10x split does not increase the cost of your stock by 10, you're not getting 9 free shares for every 1 share you own, in fact it does just the opposite, the value of each stock drops by a factor of 10.
What ?

Why would stcckholder ever split a stock if that was the case, this is (if not a joke) a bit insane. Yes you obviously have 10 time more stock than before after a 10:1 split (at the same time they tend to be worth 10 time less than before, making it even). Split are almost 100% irrelevant in modern days and usually does not need to be taken into account, return calculator or historic stock price will include them.

Before fancy derivative product they were useful to keep stock manageable for small investor, for who buying a single one could become a big deal.

What ?

Why would stcckholder ever split a stock if that was the case, this is (if not a joke) a bit insane. Yes you obviously have 10 time more stock than before after a 10:1 split (at the same time they tend to be worth 10 time less than before, making it even). Split are almost 100% irrelevant in modern days and usually does not need to be taken into account, return calculator or historic stock price will include them.

Before fancy derivative product they were useful to keep stock manageable for small investor, for who buying a single one could become a big deal.
Splits just make it easier for people to buy the stock, buying 3 or 4 shares at $100 is a lot easier than 3 or 4 at 1000 for the smaller guys, the big guys it’s completely irrelevant as you said because $2M is still buying $2M in shares.

Splits just make it easier for people to buy the stock, buying 3 or 4 shares at $100 is a lot easier than 3 or 4 at 1000
More relevantly, 3-4 shares at $100 each is a lot easier to buy than 1 share at $1000.

What ?

Why would stcckholder ever split a stock if that was the case, this is (if not a joke) a bit insane.
Why is it insane? The value of what you have does not change. And you as a stockholder do not decide if you want yo do it, sure you get to vote if it's done but it then gets done whether you want to or not.

Yeu obviously have 10 time more stock than before after a 10:1 split (at the same time they tend to be worth 10 time less than before, making it even). Split are almost 100% irrelevant in modern days and usually does not need to be taken into account, return calculator or historic stock price will include them.
It basically leaves an avenue for more stock to be available to the public, as every 1 share there now exists 10, so if you sell the value of "1" original shares 10 people can buy.

I'm sure it's more complicated than that but I'm just a logical thinking person not into finance

Why is it insane? The value of what you have does not change. And you as a stockholder do not decide if you want yo do it, sure you get to vote if it's done but it then gets done whether you want to or not.
Because you own now more 10 time more stock than before ? Yes but that contradicts the: you're not getting 9 free shares for every 1 share you own part.

as every 1 share there now exists 10
And those 9 new share are owned to be people that owned those 1, every share is owned by someone, this is not a company diluting stock by emiting new stock, but a litteral split of the currently own stock.

sure you get to vote if it's done but it then gets done whether you want to or not.
I am not sure how big the distinction is between getting to vote and deciding, but why as a group stockholder ever accept to divide their money ? I think I do not understand what you mean how can the value of what you have does not change if you do not get more stock.

A company has a value, say Y
The value of a stock is Y / number of stock, on a 2:1 (or 10:1 here), there is 10 time has many stock, they will loose 90% of their value right away.

Take when Buffet accepted to finally split the Berkshire B stock, when from $3500 to $60-70 that day.

Because you own now more 10 time more stock than before ? Yes but that contradicts the: you're not getting 9 free shares for every 1 share you own part.
On my phone so just going to reply to this part which may clear everything up.

But yes you do not get 9 free shares which the original person seemed to imply with a 10x split, your 1 share turns into 10 shares of less value, and they are yours to do with as you please. Your dollar becomes 10 dimes, you dont get 9 free dollars

Last edited:
What ?

Your missing the bigger picture here. Nvidia will keep growing and keep splitting.

That 50,000 would've still netted you 1-2 million, you would not get that return without split. It's working for them.

the value drops after a stock split but if Nvidia can rise back up again to the pre-split numbers then the shareholders do technically gain more by having more shares of stock

Your missing the bigger picture here. Nvidia will keep growing and keep splitting.

That 50,000 would've still netted you 1-2 million, you would not get that return without split. It's working for them.
Marginally (it can get very small individual to buy a bit more, but very small individual investor they tend to buy Nvidia by buying index-or via mutual fund) in modern days how bigger of a return Berkshire A would have done with splits ?

Nvidia would keep growing regardless stock mechanics decision, it is quite orthogonal.

$50,000 would've made you 1-2 million over the last 6-12 months

200-400% gain, then the 10x split, plus another 20%

exactly 1 year ago the Nvidia stock price was $379.80 per share...so if you bought 131 shares it would have equaled $49,753...those same shares today would equal $139,474

guys multiplying and dividing by really big numbers like 10 is hard because there's a lot of zeros so can someone please walk me though it so I can figure out how this so called "stock splits" thing works

I some money from birthday cards and I'd like to turn it into like 1-2 million ideally so I can comfortably afford the next couple NVIDIA cards

In the above example the 131 shares would now be 1310 shares @ 1064 = $1,393,840

the stock split was announced early...it only takes effect on June 10th...and on that same day the stock price will also 'split'...in a 10-for-1 stock split you take whatever the stock price is on the previous business day and divide it by 10...so on June 10th you get the additional shares but the price of each share also drops

I some money from birthday cards and I'd like to turn it into like 1-2 million ideally so I can comfortably afford the next couple NVIDIA cards
Do it twice and you can become a billionaire! And then be able to afford Nvidia cards for life... possibly.

the stock split was announced early...it only takes effect on June 10th...and on that same day the stock price will also 'split'...in a 10-for-1 stock split you take whatever the stock price is on the previous business day and divide it by 10...so on June 10th you get the additional shares but the price of each share also drops
Alright so maybe it'll take 3 years to make those 2 million dollars, based on how often they split before

Alright so maybe it'll take 3 years to make those 2 million dollars, based on how often they split before

based on how much Nvidia stock continues to go up it's possible...I don't see the AI bubble bursting anytime soon...let's see if AMD, Amazon and Apple can also reach those heights once they start to roll out their AI features

based on how much Nvidia stock continues to go up it's possible...I don't see the AI bubble bursting anytime soon...let's see if AMD, Amazon and Apple can also reach those heights once they start to roll out their AI features
Don't forget Microsoft is designing it's own AI chip too, however nvidia is 1-2 generations ahead so that will take at least 3-5 years for competitors to catch up

Back