Ad-blocking Error: Chrome OS X

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Kyle and Administrators,

I keep receiving a warning when I access [H] these days, stating that I have ad-blocking software installed. While this is correct (I do) I have had [H] on my whitelist for about 2 years now.

I just figured you'd like to know that I'm having an issue under Mac OS X, with the latest versions of Chrome, Adblock and the Adblock button bar.

FWIW, pressing "Proceed" (taking me to www.hardforum.com/?) allows me to access the forum normally.

Cheers.

OK, let me check into this. Thanks for the heads up.

I too got this error when I just came to the site

I am using the latest chrome w/ adblock installed and the button

I have hardocp.com and hardforum.com whitelisted and have been seeing the ads

same as arcy, I click 'proceed' and can function normally

I'm on win7 64 if it helps

thanks!

How do I get the Adblock page to reappear? I clicked proceed, but want to figure out why it shows up. It is whitelisted in Firefox, but I have adblock+, no-script, and blocking on my firewall and dns server. I thought I had everything set up to let all the ads through since I do see them.

For the record, I've since added the forum's IP address (75.126.99.220) to my whitelist and I've reduced my issue drastically, although it does still appear (once every 24 hours, I believe it's correlated with my DHCP release, but that's simply conjecture).

Kyle and Administrators,

I keep receiving a warning when I access [H] these days, stating that I have ad-blocking software installed. While this is correct (I do) I have had [H] on my whitelist for about 2 years now.

I just figured you'd like to know that I'm having an issue under Mac OS X, with the latest versions of Chrome, Adblock and the Adblock button bar.

FWIW, pressing "Proceed" (taking me to www.hardforum.com/?) allows me to access the forum normally.

Cheers.

I just notice when you posted. I had no issues with the ad block page showing up until today. I haven't made any changes at all.

Just got hit with it with Firefox 3.6.12

I do run adblock plus but I have it disabled for hardforums.

I got this a couple hours ago.

Firefox 3.6.12 with no adblock addons/software.

I got it on Opera 10.x but not on FF 3/4. I don't use any adblock stuff.

I to got this error for the very first time either this morning or yesterday morning, I cant recall, but I do run Ad blocking software but H is whitelisted and has been for ages.

I clicked on my H bookmark as usual, it logged me in to the usual page that the bookmark goes to (the forums home page), but only for about 1 second if that, then it redirected me to the warning page about using ad blocking software, when it redirected me it also logged me out.

I refreshed and the warning was still there, I pushed the back button on my mouse and it took me back to the usual forums homepage and I was back to being logged in.

I cant recall if it was this morning that it happened, roughly about 14-15 hours ago ? or if it was yesterday morning about 8am GMT, I think it was this morning, but cant be more sure than say 90%

I havent seen the warning since.

Using Firefux, noscript, abp and better privacy plugins and [H] whitelisted in everyone.

Back