Abit from the ashes..

No, not really, and it's abit. No capital A.
ABIT Computer Corporation closed in 2008/09 - this company here is Universal Abit Co. LTD - They are owned by USi (Universal Scientific Industrial) - a China based company. very little in common with the old brand that was established in Taiwan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Abit

"The old company, ABIT Computer Corporation (USA), is now dissolved and is no longer in existence."

No, not really, and it's abit. No capital A.
ABIT Computer Corporation closed in 2008/09 - this company here is Universal Abit Co. LTD - They are owned by USi (Universal Scientific Industrial) - a China based company. very little in common with the old brand that was established in Taiwan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Abit

"The old company, ABIT Computer Corporation (USA), is now dissolved and is no longer in existence."
Hmm here was me getting excited

Reactions: erek
like this
Had n Abit NF 7-s. I remember loving the red PCB. It’s the only board where I ever smoked a cpu over clocking. It was an xp 2500+ 1.8ghz clocked to 3200+ speeds so 2.2Ghz. It ran fine for a couple of years and then wouldn’t boot one day. RIP. Wish I still had it as a wall decoration honestly.

Last edited:
Had n Abit NF 7-s. I remember loving the red PCB. It’s the only board where I ever smoked a cpu over clocking. It was an xp 2500+ 1.8ghz clocked to 3200+ speeds so 2.2Ghz. It ran fine for a couple of years and then wouldn’t boot one day. RIP. Wish I still had it as a wall decoration honestly.
I held on to an Abit NF7 and a couple other NForce 2 boards for years because they had DD Live. I remember hot flashing BIOS chips a few times to keep them going.

Even if it was the same company, they lost all the talented people that worked there. That was what made their boards great. Many of them went to both DFI and Gigabyte, and that helped those brands put out a lot of good boards.

I decided to do some checking just to see how many Abit boards I have, and its around 20ish. It makes me sad they arent around anymore, but at least I still have my boards and memories. I started with a secondhand BP6, then went with a KG7-Raid, and then my final board from Abit a NF7-S. I did get a lot of years out of that NF7-S though, got it on late 2003, kept it until late 2008.

Even if it was the same company, they lost all the talented people that worked there. That was what made their boards great. Many of them went to both DFI and Gigabyte, and that helped those brands put out a lot of good boards.
I recall some of them ending up at EVGA at one point but I'm not 100% positive on that.

I held on to an Abit NF7 and a couple other NForce 2 boards for years because they had DD Live. I remember hot flashing BIOS chips a few times to keep them going.
Nforce 2 was good shit all on it's own. Last Nvidia product I ever bought was one on an abit mobo. Mine had a dark orange PCB. Paired with an abit Radeon 9600 in matching orange. Pity windows weren't common back then

Back