4090s will be in short supply for the next 2 years

I see, okay. Doesn’t seem like it’s a bad idea to get a 4090 now if I can find one.
yeah... hopefully you can nab one closer to MSRP but the prices are all jacked on them now.. I suspect the 4090 will be king of the hill for at least another year, but my gut says closer to two years.

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx4090/

you can use nowinstock maybe to scout prices and such.. GL!

Armenius - Yeah perhaps spring 2025.. I was reading fall 2025 but who knows. Seems like a lot of speculation rn.

Thanks snagged one!

snagged one.jpg

Finally joined the 4090 family. Was lusting after one since it came out, but since I upgraded to a 48" LG C3 OLED TV as my monitor this past week, I needed one to drive it because my RTX 2080 Ti doesn't really work too well with it, have to run lower resolutions during gaming and 8 bit color.

I was going to get one but the prices....and stock availability...just absolutely, ludicrously insane. Had to bite the bullet and grab it as soon as it became available because I was after a certain model that exhibits the least to no coil whine: the Gigabyte OC model.

Got the 4090 yesterday for a ridiculous price. Don't ask me how much I paid.

Super excited to install it; just need to grab an EK waterblock for it now.

Yup got my second one about six weeks ago because I knew this was gonna happen again once I started looking at websites and then now in stock going red

Finally joined the 4090 family. Was lusting after one since it came out, but since I upgraded to a 48" LG C3 OLED TV as my monitor this past week, I needed one to drive it because my RTX 2080 Ti doesn't really work too well with it, have to run lower resolutions during gaming and 8 bit color.

I was going to get one but the prices....and stock availability...just absolutely, ludicrously insane. Had to bite the bullet and grab it as soon as it became available because I was after a certain model that exhibits the least to no coil whine: the Gigabyte OC model.

Got the 4090 yesterday for a ridiculous price. Don't ask me how much I paid.

Super excited to install it; just need to grab an EK waterblock for it now.
I think you got hosed. Coil whine is pretty much a lottery and not worth over paying for one card.

I think you got hosed. Coil whine is pretty much a lottery and not worth over paying for one card.
I know this is true, but I took my chances because the Gigabyte cards have probably the least chance than others of having coil whine. For instance, the Asus ROG Strix and TUF 4090s are the worst offenders.

Yep, totally hear you all. I've already got 2 PSUs, a Corsair HX1500i and a Seasonic Snow Silent 1050W to test with, moved houses 3 years ago to a one with MUCH BETTER electric wiring, and a good rig, so I've got a good baseline to test with. Admittedly unscientific results from research on Reddit and other forums helped me make my decision. My current RTX 2080 Ti buzzes, but I've dealt with it since 2019.

No worries, if this 4090 has unacceptable buzzing or coil whine, I'll just return it.

Last edited:
On November 7th I noticed Walmart.com (sold & shipped by Walmart) had the PNY 4090 Verto in stock for the MSRP I think? $1649.99. This is when I started reading more and more about the upcoming scarcity. I panicked and got a special someone to order it for me who works there for 10% off. No Alan Woke Wake 2 though. Can't win 'em all I guess. I consider myself very lucky and this is probably the "best" component purchase I've managed to secure.

1701309445841.png

Last edited:
So, China gets those, and nothing changes in the west.
Not necessarily. People in the west won't know any better, and will buy the gimped cards here too. Nvidia will get smart to it, and will start gimping the 4090s on purpose as well for even greater margins. How many threads do you think we'll find on people saying they bought a 4090 but it performs nothing like the 4090 of old.

Total speculation, but this HAS happened, time and time again. It's all about maximizing profit, customer be damned.

Not necessarily. People in the west won't know any better, and will buy the gimped cards here too. Nvidia will get smart to it, and will start gimping the 4090s on purpose as well for even greater margins. How many threads do you think we'll find on people saying they bought a 4090 but it performs nothing like the 4090 of old.

Total speculation, but this HAS happened, time and time again. It's all about maximizing profit, customer be damned.
There are many tech sites in the US who will be on top of it, I guarantee you. Remember that the LHR Ampere variants were reported by places like VideoCardz before NVIDIA officially acknowledged them.

There are many tech sites in the US who will be on top of it, I guarantee you. Remember that the LHR Ampere variants were reported by places like VideoCardz before NVIDIA officially acknowledged them.
Very true. The only saving grace is the tech sites. Wish more companies would be honest so that we didn't have to resort to this. I understand chasing profits, but hot damn, this is getting out of control.

Do you guys think its price will lower in the coming few months? Or maybe sometime next year?

I see it reaching ~ 2700$ in newegg which is insane compared to the MSRP:

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007709 601408874

The 5000 series launch date is still away, right? Hopefully its price will decline before then. I just want to buy it at a good time. I don't know if that will ever happen again.

Back