3930k C2 news?

Too funny, it was $5 less a few moments ago. Must have a system like Newegg.

Can we tell for certain this is C2?

Too funny, it was $5 less a few moments ago. Must have a system like Newegg.

Can we tell for certain this is C2?

You could probably call and have someone there go and check the SPEC code on the box to confirm it is the C2 revision but it's after 5 PM Pacific so you'd have to wait till tomorrow. I called and made sure they got my order processed today before they closed and the girl called me back after she completed my order and said mine was pulled and ready to ship either this evening or tomorrow. They said they only had 4 in stock when I placed my order an hour ago so they're probably sold out by now.

Such a random find too. I just happened to be on their site and thought I would double check. Glad I could help.

Such a random find too. I just happened to be on their site and thought I would double check. Glad I could help.

Yeah I had checked SuperBiiz yesterday and they didn't show it as in stock. Just had it for pre-order and I wasn't going to pay $685 for one unless it was for sure going to ship out within 24 hours.

You could probably call and have someone there go and check the SPEC code on the box to confirm it is the C2 revision but it's after 5 PM Pacific so you'd have to wait till tomorrow. I called and made sure they got my order processed today before they closed and the girl called me back after she completed my order and said mine was pulled and ready to ship either this evening or tomorrow. They said they only had 4 in stock when I placed my order an hour ago so they're probably sold out by now.

I called NewEgg and they told me that they'll give me the C2 stepping for my 3960X. Just got it toady and it was C1.

This is the way I look at it, Newegg once they have the 3930 might be a combo purchase. I already have everything I need so lets say its 150 bucks extra to get the CPU. I could have my system built for only 250 more dollars.

I deliberately waited on buying the motherboard for this exact reason. But, what's to say that Newegg even lets me buy the MB I want (it was in a combo the last time)...

I deliberately waited on buying the motherboard for this exact reason. But, what's to say that Newegg even lets me buy the MB I want (it was in a combo the last time)...

I'm pretty sure that the 3930k page used to say combo but now it doesn't and I couldn't resist buying a Rampage IV from superbiiz, its around 60 dollars cheaper and i got free shipping. Heres hoping it doesn't require a combo from newegg when it comes out.

Only other thing i need after the processor is a cooler (probably h100) and ram which is probably gonna be that 30nm samsung memory I've heard about recently but i doubt it will be on a combo with the 3930k (doesn't have any fancy graphics or heat spreaders but its an all black pcb and looks nice and can get really nice overclocks). So heres hoping I can pick up an h100 in the combo I guess. Otherwise its cheaper to pick up the h100 from amazon, the samsung ram from tiger and the processor from newegg.

FML.. I ordered it but it was shipping from NJ.. so I voided my order to do overnight shipping and it was OOS..lol

Order placed with Directron. :)

I just got off the phone with them.. they said they had a few in stock and that mine would be shipping out today.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Their website (not through Amazon) has them listed for $619, but out of stock.

Does anyone know if the Newegg batch this morning was combo-only? I'll probably go ahead and order my board separately if they weren't.

Newegg was allowing orders for the 3930k 1 per customer without the combo restriction today.

Their website (not through Amazon) has them listed for $619, but out of stock.

Does anyone know if the Newegg batch this morning was combo-only? I'll probably go ahead and order my board separately if they weren't.

Newegg batch this morning did not require a combo. I ordered mine as a CPU only and have a tracking number for it already.

Wow seems like the price has gone up on Amazon? 694 and "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months." Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer... NewEgg has it for 599 but like above still out of stock. I'd be willing to pay a little extra to get it now but not that much.

Looks like seaboom will dropship them to you with an estimated lead time of 1-2 weeks which isn't too bad. Although they are also more then neweggs price at $637.55

I gave up. My rig is stacked already, why am I going to save 300 bucks on a CPU and sit waiting for some web site to get 10 in stock, like playing the lottery. Screw this, I got the 3960X.

almost pulled the triger on that one at superbiiz... going to put it off until newegg or amazon has it though i think.

It was than I wanted to spend, but I figure out if I skip going out to ready the next time or two, ansf I'll brake even.

I really hope that all these retailers finally receiving stock means Newegg will soon be also.

Back