3930k C2 news?

I am kind of shocked at how awful the newegg combos are.

Newegg has a combo for only $615 and the shipping on the CPU is free... Who cares how awful the item is, its only a $15 premium for a 3930K C2 from a retailer people trust.

If I ordered 3930k from Amazon now is it gonna be C1 or C2 ?
this morning there were 9 left in stock now there are only two

If I ordered 3930k from Amazon now is it gonna be C1 or C2 ?
this morning there were 9 left in stock now there are only two

Any NIB 3930k is going to be a C2. There are still going to be C1 3960X's since those did not sell out from the original shipments.

Newegg has a combo for only $615 and the shipping on the CPU is free... Who cares how awful the item is, its only a $15 premium for a 3930K C2 from a retailer people trust.

Yeah I got a useless CD and the ugliest ethernet cable in the land for $15. Probably should've gotten the infrared thermometer for $5 more.

FWIW -- the 3930k I ordered from Newegg on Monday arrived today and is a C2. Glad I didn't get stuck with a combo either :p

Tomorrow morning I'll put it all together. Hopefully everything "just works."

Oh, Callooh! Callay!
Just got my Tracking number.
Finally, the build will be complete.

6 Core Overkill [H]ere ;)

Are Intel just having such good results cranking out the 3960X's that they don't have enough lemons to stock the 3930k's? Or is this simply they are not making alot of both chips...hmmm maybe another reason.

well considering they are launching xeons using the same silicon I'd say they've got bigger fish to fry than some guys on newegg

6 Core Overkill [H]ere ;)

Are Intel just having such good results cranking out the 3960X's that they don't have enough lemons to stock the 3930k's? Or is this simply they are not making alot of both chips...hmmm maybe another reason.

They aren't making to many of them. 1 is priced at $600 and the other at a $1000. Both are overclockable. Both have 6 cores and HT. The more expensive one is only clocked 100MHz higher (for ~3% increase in clock speed un-overclocked). The only real difference is a 3MB L3 cache increase. There really isn't a good reason to spend the extra $400 (or 2/3 price increase).

What that means is really there is only one 6 core CPU for 2011 worth getting. Add on to that, it had a very limited original run. With the platform available for months. There are a lot of mobo's out there waiting for 3930k. So now that they are showing back up, they are selling out of them quickly. The 3960x never went out of stock in the first place. There are probably a lot of C1's still rolling around in the wild.

I had been waiting for ivy for a while, but gave in to the temptation this morning. It's funny how there seem to be a shortage of stock state side - where I'm from, every online retailer has them at stock. The price point is also quite steep compared to the states - I had to pay an equivalent of USD 750 for my 3930k (which is the actual retail price - not a bloated price from high demand).

Now I just hope it's a C2 that I receive. Not that I need the C2, but it's just nice to have the latest revision.

Just wanted to update. Thanks to mattsaccount for the tiger direct link.

I wasn't able to convince my PI to buy a 3960X so we waited for more 3930ks to come back in stock. We ended up ordering it from tiger direct.

The 3930k FINALLY arrived. It's a C2. Praise jesus

Back