Zippy El-715, change color from blue to red?

Badger

Gawd
Kind of case modding, I guess. I have a Zippy El-715 in black instead of silver.

The blue is great, but I'd really like to make it red. The blue in the keyboard comes from the same thing that makes your watch glow indigo blue. Initially I thought maybe I could take the blue layer out and put in red el-wire. But I can't see much clearance in the keyboard for el-wire, or how to get the blue layer, sheet like material out.

Any ideas on turning it red?

Didn't stump me. Not one bit.

There's no way to make it glow other than blue. The blue is embedded in the ELsheet. It's part of the sheet. Take it off, and it won't work.

You CAN take a piece of red acetate or soemthing, and make an overlay for it. If you're lucky enough to get the not-so-blue blue, then it work easier. If yours is a very-blue blue, then it'll turn out purplish.

Good luck.

ahhh Sarver, you're so smart

Anyone interested in purchasing a practically new blue lit keyboard :D I'll go stick it in the classifieds later maybe

yes i would love to know where to get it, how easy it is to work with (could I cut holes in it for the keys?, and of course how much $. I googled but didn't find much.

Badger said:
ahhh Sarver, you're so smart

Anyone interested in purchasing a practically new blue lit keyboard :D I'll go stick it in the classifieds later maybe
How much are you charging? :D

EL sheet is EXTREMELY easy to work with.

You can do whatever you want with it....cut holes in it, cut shapes out of it, cut it into shapes, bend it, twist it, whatever... as long as it stays in 1 continuous piece.

wow, hey that's great. I think I'm going to try that sometime in the near future. The hardest part would be wiring that up to the on/off button on the keyboard, which I can think about another day.

Thanks a lot guys

Back