zelda ocarina of time, give advice....help...

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been a zelda fan for a while, while my favorite one has always been the very first one, I didn't care for the zelda 2 link to the past as much, although I skipped the nintendo 64 days I see that it's on wii VC now, I bought it over the weekend I love it, I can't believe I went so long without playing it, but I heard people talk about the gamecube version that it's different or something...

here is my questions..

1.will I miss something by playing the wii VC version "n64 port" over playing the gamecube one?

2.can I learn music melodies by mistake I.E trying a bunch of combos or will I only learn them when the game is ready to let me.

3. I have killed a couple gold spiders that leave a gold item that I need but I can't reach it cuz I killed it with a sling shot and its up to high, is this a mistake?

4.Is this game like the first zelda where u can blow up stuff and find a magical door open?

5. and lastly how come when ever I save it takes me back to the forest is this the way its suppose to be..?

thanks for all your time....

1. Play it on the 64.

2. No

3. No idea what you're talking about

4. In some places, yes...look for clipping around the edges of destoryable walls

5. Yes

1.) should be fine, don't know about any real differences
2.) Nope, link has to learn the melodies first
3.) shoot the object with the hookshot, if you killed the bug you should be able to grab the reward
4.) absolutely... that's in every zelda ever... (except maybe the CDi games... don't know about those)
5.) irritating, but yeah - thats working as intended

They released the master quest version that had alternate versions of the dungeons, that were more difficult. No, you shouldnt miss out by playing the VC version, its just slightly different. You will get bombs eventually that will allow you to blow up cracks that are usually pretty obvious. And saving - yes.

i'm really liking this, anyone want to give me a few pointers on it? nothing that will spoil me or anything, I'm refraining on looking up anything cuz I want to get into and enjoy the game. Feels like it will be a long game.

I have been a zelda fan for a while, while my favorite one has always been the very first one, I didn't care for the zelda 2 link to the past as much, although I skipped the nintendo 64 days I see that it's on wii VC now, I bought it over the weekend I love it, I can't believe I went so long without playing it, but I heard people talk about the gamecube version that it's different or something...

here is my questions..

1.will I miss something by playing the wii VC version "n64 port" over playing the gamecube one?

2.can I learn music melodies by mistake I.E trying a bunch of combos or will I only learn them when the game is ready to let me.

3. I have killed a couple gold spiders that leave a gold item that I need but I can't reach it cuz I killed it with a sling shot and its up to high, is this a mistake?

4.Is this game like the first zelda where u can blow up stuff and find a magical door open?

5. and lastly how come when ever I save it takes me back to the forest is this the way its suppose to be..?

thanks for all your time....

1.) should be fine, don't know about any real differences
2.) Nope, link has to learn the melodies first
3.) shoot the object with the hookshot, if you killed the bug you should be able to grab the reward
4.) absolutely... that's in every zelda ever... (except maybe the CDi games... don't know about those)
5.) irritating, but yeah - thats working as intended

The Boomerang works as well. You should be able to grab it from King Jabu Jabu's belly.

Man, good times.

I'm actually playing through that on project 64 right now,

and yeah it really is a pretty awesome game --too bad thanks to a bug I've gotta redo the whole damn deku temple.

The sheer number of sub-plots in that game is spectacular.

Hell no.
Majora's Mask was fun but nowhere near as fun as Ocarina of Time.
I actually REALLY liked A Link to the Past for SNES, it's one of my top 3 along with twilight princess and ocarina of time.

I wish Nintendo would port all of the Zelda games to the VC. I have been playing the hell out of the VC on my Wii, more so then any disc based game.

Imo, "Zelda, Link to the Past" was the best of the series that I have played thus far, I have not had a chance to play the Gameboy variants of the games tho.

OP, do yourself a favor and play A Link to the Past (you can get it on VC too). It's a fantastic game, and if you're a fan of the first one, you'll love it. Even after playing all the new zeldas, I still have fun going back and playing that one every so often.

do I have to keep going over the same areas, cuz I see things that I can blow up or hearts I cant get, I need bomb bag I see things I need to blow up, like in the rock eaters cave.... I been picking up the bomb flowers but sometimes there is ares with no flowers around to pick up..

I'm a big zelda fan myself and while Ocarina of Time is good, A Link to the Past IMO is the best one out of the series :)

Back