z-5300s

Alyosha

[H]ard|Gawd
I keep seeing glowing rewiews of these speakers online and I'm wondering if anyone here has this set. Folks in this forum seem to be pretty hard on speakers so I'm looking for some opinions from folks who use them.

I have some z-640s now and I know it isn't too much of an upgrade to go to these, but they're so stinkin' cheap that I may do it anyway. Any input is apreciated.

Ive had the z-5300's for about a week now. I'm no [H]ardCore audiophile, but these are some pretty damn nice speakers. Sound great for movies and games, and get REALLY loud. The subwoofer is thundering. I'd suggest buying them if you are on a budget and not about to spring for the more expensive z-680s, which are of course, better speakers. I am very happy with my purchase. Look around for good prices, I got my set at Amazon.com for about 154.99US with free shipping. Came in about 4 days.
Even though the output is analog, it still sounds fantastic. Probably the best analog sound you will hear for this price. If you've got the money, go for it, they are well worth it.

Hope I helped any :)

as it says in my sig, im running mine on an sb live. I got mine from amazon for between $120-130 about one month ago. i love these speakers! they are clear, and loud. Call of Duty w/ eax was increadible and anything w/.1 sound (like dvd's) have all sounded increadible. no complaints here, o, and they do get extremly loud (i sugest you head over to a local best buy and put every thing on max, just to really hear how load they get, its increadible!).

These speakers willd definately be my next purchase if my Z640's die. I've read some reviews on the net lately about these and I feel like buying them right now :D.

Glad to hear that other users are enjoying the speakers as well.

I am reviewing them right now and they are flat out awesome for their price range. I have them set up along side a Z680 set and honestly, the bass is better if anything. The sattelite range is good too, though I find they get to be a bit overpowered at higher volumes with some noticeable distortion in the high range of sounds (again, at very high volume settings).

What I don't like is the fixed plastic stands and limited ways you can mount the rear speakers to stands you may have. The stands are plastic and attached with a simple screw and I suspect they not only will wear out fast, but will frustrate some users who want them on their own stands or who want to hang them on the wall (as they don't have but one fixed range of pivot/angle).

Back