Your Thoughts on BF2: Special Forces

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
Been playing some Vanilla this weekend and I am wondering if you guys feel it is worth shelling 30 for the expansion?

Your thoughts please. :)

I say yes.

I can't wait to see how many people spew and whine and moan and groan and stay waaaaaaaaay off-topic. (oops, I just did)

EDIT: I also forgot to mention you shall be flamed for even thinking of supporting an EA product because we all know it's just not cool.

Cool cool, I must admit the latest booster they announced does look cool. None of the others really interest me though. Keep it comin fellas!!

just dont buy that dumb 10$ thing, unless you like vehicles alot. basically they are just vehicle maps, and the only 3 times ive played everytime theres some crazy peopel flying around blowing us to bits.... very annoying, and i dont like the maps that much. some people might like it still... but to me its a waste. :mad:

i was bored of bf2 ... then i bought SF , gave me lots of good time...

next is armored fury :D

Well, thats the thing. If anything like EF, and you've primarily moved onto special forces, you might not be happy with it. EuroForces was a booster in the vanilla BF2 flavor, and I didn't want it. I couldn't help but think where is my grappling hook, night vision googles, and quad!

Add insult to injury, SF puts a little bit more on the infantry, booster don't. Yet another step backwards by EF, imo. For me, some armor heavy stuff.

I prefer Special Forces. It feels more like infantry combat instead of being overwhelmed by armor/air. I'd buy it if I were you.

SF is a great expansion it has night levels (I enjoyed them at the begining, they paint wears of quickly I think) but few infantry maps are awesome... And I don't know if it's me but I think there are more better players in SF, but it's maybe because SF community is smaller.
Anyway I say it's worth it.

I enjoy SF. Using the upgraded medic in BF2 helps a lot. The maps are also great if you prefer close range battles. I think it requires a little more teamwork and strategy.

chaikovski2002 said:
I agree, youre basically paying $30 for 2 weapon unlocks, thats about it.

Yeah. :( Of course if you could count you would see that you get:

- 10 new vehicles
- 8 new maps (3 of them at night)
- 6 new tactical items
- 6 new forces

But yeah, 2 unlocks. That's it. :rolleyes:

chaikovski2002 said:
I agree, youre basically paying $30 for 2 weapon unlocks, thats about it.

yeah but 2 weapon unlocks for every level. Plus some of the maps are nice Iron Gator for Infantry and flame me if you must but if your an infantry guy then Great wall is pretty cool.

Rich Tate said:
Cool cool, I must admit the latest booster they announced does look cool. None of the others really interest me though. Keep it comin fellas!!

About the booster. 1 map strikes my attention , it is the Great wall. Does not have as much armor as the last 2. So if you want to get it just for that it's worth it.

zetachi said:
yeah but 2 weapon unlocks for every level. Plus some of the maps are nice Iron Gator for Infantry and flame me if you must but if your an infantry guy then Great wall is pretty cool.

FYI - Great Wall is in the Euro Forces booster pack and not Special Forces.

I like the new SF maps expecially Warlord, but the night maps are horrible...

Mak said:
I prefer Special Forces. It feels more like infantry combat instead of being overwhelmed by armor/air. I'd buy it if I were you.
I totally agree I would rather play SF 90% of the time because of the close quarters combat.

bazylik said:
And I don't know if it's me but I think there are more better players in SF, but it's maybe because SF community is smaller.

Agreed. I've noticed that SF players tend to be more skilled.

SF is nice little expansion pack... i would play it alot more if it had more servers.. it is quite fun. Plus you get the unlocks in regular BF2.. some of the guns are uber beefy like the 2nd level medic gun and the 2nd level support and the mp7 for the engy.. really cool. I also love being able to flash bang people :)

The only reason why i first bought it was for the unlocks, i wish they would allow zips and grapples in vanilla too :( at first i thought they where cheese but it does add to the game. The maps over all are really fun always being infantry centered. but they are kinda tuff on your system, i get less FPS in SF then in BF2. but maybe that was fixed in the recent patches.. i havent played sf in a few months..

if you get go find it on sale, its been out too long to still be full price :)

SF is a decent expansion, and you should definately buy it.Avoid the booster packs though, just a waste of money.

MatDef said:
SF is a decent expansion, and you should definately buy it.Avoid the booster packs though, just a waste of money.

FTW yeah I play SF over Vanilla all day. No (or WAY less anyway) "breakdance fighting" aka dolphin diving aka stupid ass scripting.

One more question while I'm thinking of it guys, and you might think it lame but:

I really enjoy the medal and badge aspect of the game, I like the idea of having other things to accomplish other than ranks and unlocks. If I play a lot of SF, will that also count towards my vanilla badges? I know SF has its own set too, but can I unlock them all while playing SF?

Rich Tate said:
One more question while I'm thinking of it guys, and you might think it lame but:

I really enjoy the medal and badge aspect of the game, I like the idea of having other things to accomplish other than ranks and unlocks. If I play a lot of SF, will that also count towards my vanilla badges? I know SF has its own set too, but can I unlock them all while playing SF?

Yes. i.e.: Play engineer in SF and get global hours on your engineer kit. i.e. Kill 40 guys in a round in SF and if you have the time requirements you'll get the expert combat badge in vanilla.

Check www.bf2tracker.com or www.bf2s.com or www.secretsofbattlefield.com or www.totalbf2.com for requirements.

Rich Tate said:

Yep, you sure can. If you have any other questions check out totalbf2.com/forums and ask them too.

[adverstisment]
Go to the Sir. community section too, and watch some of out videos, we just came out with a new one (called Warlord) and I'd love to know what you guys thought of it.
[/advertisment]

:D

LOL

My handle is DicTaTeR and as you will see I haven't even really played the game much. I started working here not long after it came out and I'm just now getting some time to get back into it.

Feel free to look me up and come play, I'm really not that good yet. ;)

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Bruce. Everything you say and do is revolved around cheating and cheaters. lol

WhyYouLoveMe. They are out there! And they revolve around me 360* each day.

anyway DicTaTeR. Your not a cheater, your good to go. You got the brucelee seal of approval !!

Brucelee said:
WhyYouLoveMe. They are out there! And they revolve around me 360* each day.

anyway DicTaTeR. Your not a cheater, your good to go. You got the brucelee approval!!

Heh, thanks man. :)

Ya as you can see I've only maybe had 1 or 2 games that were up near 100pts, and the only reason I had that was because I got lucky and played with a great squad and was playing medic. I don't think I died once, they would constantly surround me and keep me up so when they dropped I could revive. I think we held one point for about 30 minutes, the duration of the round, in that 100 pointer. Fun stuff there.

I'm not big into stats or points, although I do want to unlock the PKM because I've been playing a good bit of support lately. I just like to have fun. :)

I like the badges and ribbons more honestly because it helps keep things interesting, it's a nice surprise when the cadence goes off...and lags the shit out of you...causing you die. ;)

Rich Tate said:
I like the badges and ribbons more honestly because it helps keep things interesting, it's a nice surprise when the cadence goes off...and lags the shit out of you...causing you die. ;)

lol - So true, so true. :D

Back