Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

dsc00062y.jpg

Little cell phone grab of my Aspire One after I put the decal on it... :D I'll post a better quality pic of it later alongside my 24" & 19" screens and my Toshiba PDA-now-serving-as-playlist-screen. :p

NICE. WHere did you get the decal?

I've bought vinyl decals off ebay before, think I bought some Full Metal Alchemist ones for a case a while ago (the Elrich family crest and a shadow/outline of Ed w/Al standing behind him)... But that Transformers/Autobots one I actually bought from a place called www.vinyldisorder.com, reason being that I wanted it sized specifically for the laptop (smaller than most of the decals I could find on ebay or elsewhere).

I also ordered a Star Wars/empire logo sticker that I wanted custom-sized for my car window as well, great service btw. They answered my questions about custom-sizing right away and the order arrived promptly, and it was cheap too (like 2x of each for $8 total). That silver/grey color they have matched my car and the Acer lettering on my Aspire One perfectly too, heh. :p

Ahh, that's how you got that lighting, it's a great shot! The SB-600 is definitely on my list of things to buy.

Nice lighting, but what's with the soft focus on the bottom of the pics? :p (says the guy that took his one shot with a crappy cell phone camera and managed to bag a reflection of his mother to boot :D)

Last edited:
Shallow focal length isn't really a term, did you mean shallow depth of field? That's basically what bokeh is.

Sorry, yea, that's what I meant. It HAS been ~8 years since my last photo class.

So why do they call it bokeh, and not shallow DoF?

Just grabbed a HP Pavilion DV6608nr off of eBay fro $315 + free insured shipping

it wil be a nice upgrade from my Dell C400 I only use to browse the net. chat on MSN etc.

Just bought it this afternoon so no "real" pics yet, but here are teh specs

1.7GHz Dual Core AMD Turion X2

1GB DDR2 ( will be upping it to 4GB though )

160GB 5400 RPM HDD Drive

8x Dual Layer DVD Burner

Integrated Geforce 7150

15.4" Glossy LCD

Vista Home Premium x32 SP1 but will switch over to Vista Black Edition x64 SP1 when I upgrade the ran

I can't deal with less than 4GB now... I have 8GB in my desktop, and at any given point I will have at least 8 apps open. sometimes as many as 20, man I love quad core and 8gb ram!

anywho here is a stock pic of the lappy

hp.jpg

The 7150 made me want to shoot myself. I couldn't even get Vista 3DFlip to run well with my DV9000. :mad:

I never use 3d Flip..

I sitll alt-tab, More efficent IMO.
Yeah alt-tab works fine. I just prefer 3DFlip when I have a bunch of windows open.

End of the semester, had to start packing my rig up. This is all that's left right now.

Untitled_Panorama1-1.jpg

So why do they call it bokeh, and not shallow DoF?
Shallow DoF is the cause, bokeh is the effect.

[dual mon with the laptop pics]
The only problem I have with that setup, is why not use an ultraportable if screen size isn't an issue (from the external screen and keyboard/etc). Getting a slightly slower outlet ultraportable, plus a desktop, plus a KVM is still cheaper. And would be upgradable while giving better FPS during gaming and more battery life when portable.

The only time a gaming laptop makes sense, to me, is if one is attending LANs every weekend AND/or just has money to burn.

My next laptop will be a dockable 14", and a 12" arrandale once those are released to do exactly that.

weenetbook.jpg

compro2.jpg

My new Dell Mini 9 netbook.
Intel Atom
2gb RAM
16gb SSD
Win XP Homo
16gb SDHC 2nd drive
Compro C200 Capture USB Stick

Using it now on here, plus to do work on the move and also to use the netbooks screen as a monitor via the compro for my HV20 when shooting video.

Yeah alt-tab works fine. I just prefer 3DFlip when I have a bunch of windows open.

End of the semester, had to start packing my rig up. This is all that's left right now.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/SL_Audio/XYZ%20Assorted%20Pictures/Workstation%20Pictures/Untitled_Panorama1-1.jpg][/QUOTE]

Yea that's true,

Just ordered 4GB of ram for it! Hopefully everythign comes tomorrow!

Meet the newest member of my computer family:

IMG_2637.jpg

Its an Asus G50VT-X5 I bought from Best Buy for about $900.

I'm still not used to leaving my desktop area since I'm using my laptop at it right now - I can go in the living room, outside, to the beach...

(oh, the penny makes it a 'penny pic', since I post the same picture on other forums and they require proof that you have the product)

my friend bought that Asus the other day, we laugh everytime he boots it up because of the explosion noises. He doesn't like the low res screen so he's returning it though.

my friend bought that Asus the other day, we laugh everytime he boots it up because of the explosion noises. He doesn't like the low res screen so he's returning it though.
The noise is easily turned off in the BIOS. And yeah, having a 1366x768 resolution does suck. Oh well, you can't have everything perfect.

Being retired from the big meaty desktop thread with 4 lcd screens etc, id thought id post my new editions alongside my current desktop laptop (vaio FZ31s). The new Vaio P and the X series Walkman!! These machines are beauties!!:

i can post other angles/shots etc if rquested, ie the penny shot lol!! And yes the new walkman content transfer drag and drop widget is brilliant!

i dont mind it, but when im using the P on a table i use a bluetooth mouse

I can see that, definitely, buT i use mine too much on my lap/the couch etc that it would bother me. They are slick as hell though...

Back