Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

My "new" Latitude L400. Got some upgrade plans for it, namely hard drive, memory and battery. After those it should be a kick ass lappy for college til I can buy an actual new one.

PICT0773.JPG

hi this is my first post, i thaught id kick it off with a picture of my laptop :)

p4 3.4ht
was 512mb ram. now is 1.5 gigs
5700fx go (not a bad card actually, plays cs source high detail smoothly:p)
17" widescreen panel
and the useuall bits n bobs

i dont notice it. like any diffrent keyboard that you're not used to it took a while to get used to. for it me was about 2 days to completly get used to it. now im just as good as i was on my old keyboard (logitech elite).

Sp33d12 said:
hi this is my first post, i thaught id kick it off with a picture of my laptop :)

p4 3.4ht
was 512mb ram. now is 1.5 gigs
5700fx go (not a bad card actually, plays cs source high detail smoothly:p)
17" widescreen panel
and the useuall bits n bobs

sexy monkey ;)

I had a customer with an Inspiron 600m that made fun of one of those HP Behemoths. Can't say I blame him either, he was carrying it around for a user at his school as well as his own Lappy for me to fix.

slowlaptop.jpg

my 1st laptop that is sadly now broken.
I got it from my dads company which he owns bought that for like 2800 dollars
anywho
original specs:
Intel Pentium 233 mmx processor
32mb EDO ram
100 mhz fsb
3gb hd
standard ports and stuff
Chips & Technologies 65535 2.5 mb video controller (5-10 fps in counter-strike!)
Windows 95

upgraded:

32 mb EDO ram -> 256 mb pc100 (made it 1000x faster literally)
Windows 95 -> windows xp sp1(runs pretty good even with the crappy video card)

from this laptop i have gotten a dell(lcd cables loose produces purple colors!, lost screws), toshiba(yuck died on me so quickly), and i am now considering a eMachines M6805 or gateway 7410GX Notebook(the emachines and this are probably the same laptop but i do have a question on reliability issues! i break things a lot so must be durable)

gonna get pictures when i can

img01663mb.jpg

Gateway 7422GX
A64 3400+
1 GB PC2700
80GB HD
DVD+/-RW DL
Radeon 9550 modded to Radeon 9600 using Omega Cat's

I picked this up about a month ago on sale at Best Buy. It's fast, although the hard drive has a bit to be desired (only 4200 RPM).

my 2 lappys
asus specs in sig
c56 is the same except with a 60gb HDD and a radeon 9700 pro 128mb

M6BNe.jpg

CL56M6BNe.jpg

CL56.jpg

I love that Asus M6N!!! The only reason I passed on it was the low screen resolution. I've gotta have WSXGA+ on my laptop. I ordered an Acer Travelmate 8104, but it won't ship until late March. :(

Toshiba Satellite T1910CS/200. :D And it works! And I am posting this on a Asus M6Ne.

P1010003resize.JPG

P1010004resize.JPG

P1010006resize.JPG

mic_crispy: whered you get the 8104?!?! i want one of those so bad.... :D
can you send me some pics (a lot of detailed ones :) ?) and possible a mini review?

Sp33d12: i LOVE the HP zd7000. i also have one. 17" wide gaming is great! see sig for specs.

ill post some pics eventually.... whenever i get my desk cleaned... which will be never... o well, one can dream.

fords8 said:
Toshiba Satellite T1910CS/200. :D And it works! And I am posting this on a Asus M6Ne.

P1010003resize.JPG

P1010004resize.JPG

P1010006resize.JPG

Nice, brings back old memories, I used to have one of those and actually used AOL on it way back in the day when I had dial up a long time ago, but I was trying to fix it with that 3.11 and got pissed and punched the screen, so I just ended up trashing it haha!!

CBlakeNS said:
Nice, brings back old memories, I used to have one of those and actually used AOL on it way back in the day when I had dial up a long time ago, but I was trying to fix it with that 3.11 and got pissed and punched the screen, so I just ended up trashing it haha!!

Dude, you have anger issues :p.

Mr_Evil said:
Dude, you have anger issues :p.

Haha it was a long time ago, it was my dads old one and I was just messing with it cause I was bored.... and it wouldnt work so I kept getting really pissed and finally busted the screen all up haha!!

But I didnt really care cause it just set in the closet so it didnt really matter.

But its funny now cause I see alot of people throwing down stuff and getting real pissed but now I just stay calm... considering I got 2 laptops and flat screen monitor with desktop and I havent punched any of them :)

486 DX 50MHz 24MB mem 320MB HDD 640*480 512 colours, wireless $$
Tinyslack. Completely covered in messages from graduating high school. Named Mannaz to fit the naming scheme.
I don't have a picture of Odin. It's a T1000LX (8088, 9Mhz). Runs ELKS. The plan was that Mannaz will serve as a gateway for Odin through a serial line.

Last edited:
lemme guess...you ran out of paper at some point and thought the lappy was good enough? lol

markt435 said:
lemme guess...you ran out of paper at some point and thought the lappy was good enough? lol

Actually this security guy at the Airport in Ottawa, Canada made a funny comment when he saw it, "So what, you don't use paper anymore? It's all computers with you kids now?". It was great. Everyone laughed.

Little did they know...

what exactly is written on it....looks like notes to me. or are they commands for linux or somethin? lol

iBook_Setup.jpg

The iBook in my sig driving its internal screen together with the Philips 19" CRT at 1280x960x85Hz. Pure pleasure!

Just got it a week ago! I love it, Its a zd7000 17 inch screen, 3.4 P4 with HT, and Fx 5200 Go.

My new Dell Inspirion 6000:

Intel Pentium M 715 (1.5GHz) 2MB L2 Cache
512MB PC 3200 DDR2
40GB HDD
15.4" Widescreen
CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
9 Cell Battery
WinXP Home

laptop1.jpg

With GBA SP, my other favorite portable device :)

laptop2.jpg

jmroberts70 said:
Hey! congrats!! I got my zd7000 late last year and just love it. Huge, heavy, and tons of desktop space!!!
congrats, also!! i also got a zd7000 next year. freakin awesome lappy!! :D

How much battery life are u getting with ur 7000? with mine i get around 2 hours of web surfing and or IM"ing.

i have no idea... ive never bothered to completely drain it. i would imagine almost 2 hours w/ basic stuff.

markt435 said:
what exactly is written on it....looks like notes to me. or are they commands for linux or somethin? lol

It's all girls phone numbers and little messages. Like you'd find in a yearbook.

Irishllama said:
How much battery life are u getting with ur 7000? with mine i get around 2 hours of web surfing and or IM"ing.

pretty much the same here. I've not gotten any longer than 2 hours out of it -but then again, this isn't really a "ultra portable" laptop at nearly 10 lbs alone. I usually go to Starbucks or Barns & Noble and just find an outlet somewhere! Great way to meet people!! ;-)

"...Excuse me. Do you mind if I plug in here?"
"Wow! That's quite a big unit you have there..."

jmroberts70 said:
pretty much the same here. I've not gotten any longer than 2 hours out of it -but then again, this isn't really a "ultra portable" laptop at nearly 10 lbs alone. I usually go to Starbucks or Barns & Noble and just find an outlet somewhere! Great way to meet people!! ;-)

"...Excuse me. Do you mind if I plug in here?"
"Wow! That's quite a big unit you have there..."
hahaha... ive heard that a few times... ;)

Pic I posted in the display forum.
Setup2.jpg

The 600m is what I use the most. If you notice from the crap pic the ibook has a clear shell. I didn't like the white color. I also have a compaq r3020(i think thats the model it is a 3ghz p4 with 512 ram) and like 2 p3 notebooks laying around. A sony and an older compaq.

Back