You know its time to upgrade when...

g4m3r

n00b
untitled.jpg

OMG_LEET.jpg

BEAT THOSE GRAPHICS!!

Soo, basically any game after Unreal Tournament 2003 is too much of a demand for my computer. After getting on the beach, all I could see was the sand going through buildings.

Thank god Im upgrading in a week or two.

Originally posted by g4m3r
http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Overl0rd/untitled.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Overl0rd/OMG_LEET.jpg[IMG]

BEAT THOSE GRAPHICS!!

Soo, basically any game after Unreal Tournament 2003 is too much of a demand for my computer. After getting on the beach, all I could see was the sand going through buildings.

Thank god Im upgrading in a week or two. [/B][/QUOTE]

TNT2 Ultra? :confused:

Lol, I was actually thinking of downloading DOOM II to play.

I have a laptop, with an intergrated Geforce 4 MX440, with 64 megs of memory, a Pentium 4 2ghz, 512 ram of 2100. You'd expect it to run decent, but it doesnt, its a big bunch of crap for any game after ut2k3, but for games before ut2k3 does excellent.

Its a toshiba 5200. :)

I have a laptop, with an intergrated Geforce 4 MX440, with 64 megs of memory, a Pentium 4 2ghz, 512 ram of 2100. You'd expect it to run decent, but it doesnt, its a big bunch of crap for any game after ut2k3, but for games before ut2k3 does excellent.

Not to sound... err... sarcastic or something, but would you really expect that setup to run anything particularly well?

Well, I would expect it to do more thab 5 fps in torlan in ut2k4, at low settings. I remember seeing the Geforce 4 MX in the 15-20 region for higher settings on an almost the same setup.

Weird, I get that EXACT same look when I try to play farcry with my ti4200 system in my rig. I don't get it, my system should be able to handle it just fine, I even tried it on the lowest res... :confused:

Hmm, I believe it might be the Direct3d, I think in OpenGL (If I had an option in the demo) It would run fine, a bit laggy and ugly, but should do fine. Ive always had huge problems with Direct3d, but openGL always seemed to run perfectly fine.

ive tried tons of times, my computer sucks so bad it wont even let me INSTALL farcry. after 3 reformats i still dont understand why.:rolleyes:

i remember playing the original Doom on a 486 SX 25 with 8M of Ram and onboard Graphics and thinking it was just the coolest ;)

Yea doom was the bomb, my favorite version was for the 32x. I love that thing to bad sega canned it after a year.

The first time i remember thinking "its time to upgrade" Was when daggerfall killed my 486.

I also remember playing arena without sound because i didnt have a soundcard :D

You know it is time to upgrade when you accidently overclock your Classic Radeon's 100 some mhz core to 550mhz. :D PppzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPOOF.

Get a Radeon 9600 Pro or XT. Runs Farcry perfectly and beautifully. ;)

ive tried tons of times, my computer sucks so bad it wont even let me INSTALL farcry. after 3 reformats i still dont understand why.

Did you install direct x 9b ?

Hmm, I believe it might be the Direct3d, I think in OpenGL (If I had an option in the demo) It would run fine, a bit laggy and ugly, but should do fine. Ive always had huge problems with Direct3d, but openGL always seemed to run perfectly fine.

Driver issue, then.

And if you can switch between Direct3D and OpenGL, then you shouldn't really be able to tell the difference all that much. It's not like games automatically look worse because you switch to OpenGL.

Originally posted by Alexia
You know it is time to upgrade when you accidently overclock your Classic Radeon's 100 some mhz core to 550mhz. :D PppzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPOOF.

Get a Radeon 9600 Pro or XT. Runs Farcry perfectly and beautifully. ;)

I did the above, but somehow it survived (swaped radeon cards w/o adjusting radclocker :D [hmm...what are all these wierd lines on screen for?])

Originally posted by RS3RS
Weird, I get that EXACT same look when I try to play farcry with my ti4200 system in my rig. I don't get it, my system should be able to handle it just fine, I even tried it on the lowest res... :confused:

My friend has a ti4200 and a less-powerful system than what's in your sig.

You sure you have all updated drivers and direct x? Maybe it's an overheating issue?

Black Morty Rackham, I would try upgrading my 3d driver, but I cant seem to find the Toshiba Geforce 4 intergrated 460 drivers.
My laptop was discontinued a while ago, and the nvidia drivers dont work for it, or atleast dont effect anything.

Back