You ever sold a old console and reget it later?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Thinking of selling my Nintendo Wii which is just collecting dust since 2011.
I wish I never sold my Atari like 30 years ago
Then I sold my Sega Dreamcast at a Rummage Sale worse mistake ever because I had some killer games for that thing.
Sold my PS1 because all my PS1 games I could play on my PS2 which I haven't done yet =)

I have kept all of my consoles except the Wii that I sold because at the time I was tired of the lack of interesting games. I might sell my PS1 collection at one point since I do not find the games have aged well nor do I play it anymore. The two that I think I will forever keep is my Gamecube and Japanese GBA collection.

Consoles? Not so much. I've never owned any crazy or rare consoles and for the most part they're cheap to buy again should I ever want one. Games are a different story. At one point I had a pretty decent library of PS1 RPGs, including a few rare ones. I can't say I overly regret selling them since at the time it was that or starve but I do wish I never had to do that.

I would sell the Wii as the value is going to drop right now. If you're planning on playing Gamecube games then it would be a good idea to keep it. But if its to play Wii games, you could get a Wii U, which is backwards compatible with Wii games.

I keep practical consoles. I sold my NES, SNES, Atari because I don't have anything left to play them on. Sold the PSX because I have a PS2, keeping the PS2 because it can still play well on my bedroom TV. If I ever don't have a TV with composite input that will go too.

I definitely wish I kept all my old consoles. Don't sell any you have! If you ever want to get one again, buying one that isn't all filthy with cigarette smoke smell or beat all to hell is difficult.

Only console I regret selling was my Jaguar & CD attachment. Only because there isn't a good enough emulator, and the controller was pretty awesome.

When I was younger I sold some of my old consoles to have money for new ones. NES, Genesis etc. I regret that now and have gone out and bought them again.

I traded in a NES, SNES and Sega Genesis for an N64 in 1996.
Funcoland wouldn't take my TurboGrafx 16, so I kept that one.
I required all 3 multiple times over the years, but currently I only have a NES and the TG16.
Don't really care about it anymore, I like a clean, modern house and play those old games on my PC in higher fidelity.

I guess it would be nice to have kept them all, but I've always sold what I had to help pay for it's next gen.

I wish I still had my modded xbox 1, I had a ton of modified maps for halo 1, it was great! I didn't exactly sell it, I dropped a power supply on the motherboard and broke it.

When I was 11 or 12, I had used the money that I had saved up as a newspaper delivery boy to buy a N64. Had it for about a year, but because of that lack of games (I played and beat Mario 64 several times over), sold it to a classmate and purchased a Playstation. Didn't regret buying the Playstation (it was probably my favourite console ever), but when Zelda 64 came out - I was definitely wishing I hadn't sold that N64.

The answer I would say is no.
Although I did have a SNES that I wanted to keep forever, but my dad literally threw it away.
I'd like to buy another sometime in the future.

Regret getting rid of my TGX16 w/ CDrom attachment. Y's ftw!

I've had every console at one point or the other and have sold them all (or even threw them away). The only legacy console I still have is my PS3 which will probably be sold before next Summer.

The only reason I still have it is PS+ otherwise it would have been sold last November.

I like modern things, and usually what happens with me is that around mid cycle I always find myself going back to PC especially later in the cycle. I only play the top exclusives from that point on.

TLoU, Uncharted 3, Puppeteer, Halo 4 and the last Gears were good but I found myself struggling because the technology limited my enjoyment.

So basically it's new consoles, new videocard, new videocard, new videocard, and new consoles again. That'll probably change this gen because last gen went so damn long but.

Last edited:
Never have sold off a home console, but I did sell off my launch Atari Lynx, Game Gear, and PSP. I wish I had kept the PSP, because I would get a lot more use out of it now than I did when it launched.
I really wish that I had held onto some of the PSX black label classics longer. I had the entire Final Fantasy catalog sealed, plus several copies of other games like Castlevania SotN that I bought on clearance at a store after it went out of print and was going for $60+ on eBay. I had no intention of playing the FF series, so I sold all of the games and some out of print DVDs and bought my first car. To my recollection, within a year or so those games were going for 3-4 times what I sold them for on eBay.

I still have my SNES and NES and will make some type of display mount for them. But for the time being I pretty much emulate everything, my roomate has an Xbox 360 and my sister has a PS3, and I can emulate damn near anything on my PC, and a steam backlog of 100 games, plus the ability to torrent anything usually within an hour, no reason to keep a console around these days.

Only "console" I ever sold was my PSP. I don't think I ever felt any real regret. I used it for some time, but it just didn't have anything interesting anymore after a while.

Launch ps3. Now i cant play ps2 games without using my ps2.
Would love to play some gt3 and tekken tag right now.

I've kept them all, but lost 2 N64s and a Genesis in a hours fire in 2008. I still have a working Atari 2600 (with about 50 games) and a working Atari Lynx with 8 games. So glad I never sold any of this stuff.

I once sold my 3d0 and got a decent amount of money for it, I later regreted it and bought the same model a couple years later for $30.
I also sold and rebought the PS1.
I also regret selling my TG16 and my *gulp* NEO GEO.

Can't say that I have, got rid of my Gamecube a long while back with no regrets. Kept one controller though. After I got images of my games with the wii i've been doing all game playback with Dolphin. (w/ a real gamecube controller via one of those usb adapters)

I think I still have a snes and n64 somewhere, really need to just dig those out and get rid of them. Don't really play them and I can just use an emulator if/when I feel like it.

I almost sold my Saturn, but funcoland gave me a terrible offer and I decided to keep it. Other than that, I don't sell consoles unless I have an extra of it, or if I am buying a newer version of it (i.e. DS to DS Lite). I would still have a large collection of NES/SNES/Genesis/Sega CD stuff if not for a home break-in in 1994.

When we moved to our new house in 2006 we had to put everything in storage for 6 months our house sold in 6 days and we stayed with family till new house was done. SO wife talked me into cutting down on some stuff sold my complete Sega master system collection and duplicates of other consoles.

That master system collection hurts me still!

Nope! Have never parted with any game console in my entire life.

The only system I ever sold was a handheld. I sold my original GameBoy in order to buy a GameGear. Looking back I regret it a little, but it was the only way I would have been able to afford a GameGear. Games like Streets of Rage 2, Dynamite Heady, Shining Force: Sword of Hajya were too good to pass up, in my opinion.

I gave away a Sega Genesis awhile back. Kind of regret it, but it was for a good cause (donation to person's kids whose house burned down).

I still have my NES, N64 and Gamecube consoles/collections, so I'm good. Not really a collector but hanging on to that stuff is nice.

I usually give my last-gen consoles away and haven't regretted it yet. In most cases the newer consoles either had better/newer games that captivated my interest or would play the older games via BC.
This is actually the first time I can ever recall where I've not only kept my old consoles, but actually ended up hooking my PS3 up in place of the PS4. Kinda sad really.

I simply don't sell mine 👍 I don't even have all of them on display ( Atari and Intellivision stuff )
Ps4 and Xbox 1 are in my theater right now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I sold my n64 and have been regretting it. Even with emulators it just doesn't feel right.

MarcDaddy: Awesome! Nice collection.

Cypher-: Not a fan of emulation for the same reason--doesn't feel right.

Thinking of selling my Nintendo Wii which is just collecting dust since 2011.
I wish I never sold my Atari like 30 years ago
Then I sold my Sega Dreamcast at a Rummage Sale worse mistake ever because I had some killer games for that thing.
Sold my PS1 because all my PS1 games I could play on my PS2 which I haven't done yet =)

I sold my NES and SNES on here a bunch of years ago. As it goes, those two are the only ones I miss. I had so many great games.

Ive owned a PS1, PS2, Xbox, DreamCast, N64, and Game Cube. I dont miss them. Not in the same way.

I too dont like emulation. I have a friend that swears by it, but I can tell a difference. Even if they are on newer consoles(example: Super Mario Bros on Wii), they dont feel the same.

I gave away all my old consoles over the years. The only ones I regret giving away are the SNES and PS3. I miss the SNES because I had a lot of games my kid would love, and the PS3 because I am missing out on a ton of good free games from PSN+ subscription.

Have never sold any of mine. I don't play them as often as I used to, but I know I'd regret it if I let any go. All the consoles I own have been christmas or birthday gifts from friends and family, so they are somewhat sentimental. I just wish I had the room in the den to set them all up like Marcdaddy has, but they all unfortunately live in a closet out of the way until I play one. One day I will have a man-cave.....one day.

Back