Not bad 👍 You regret looking at yours?

hehe.....yeah......

1691350609948.png

So, $6,492.38

I'm over 18 years so around:
$341.71 per year

I have 1,340 games:
$4.85 per game

So really, I've spent a lot more than that, I just get great deals elsewhere, like GreenManGaming and Humble Bundle. Between those two sites, even on brand new games, I get 15-45% off

hehe.....yeah......

View attachment 588429

So, $6,492.38

I'm over 18 years so around:
$341.71 per year

I have 1,340 games:
$4.85 per game

So really, I've spent a lot more than that, I just get great deals elsewhere, like GreenManGaming and Humble Bundle. Between those two sites, even on brand new games, I get 15-45% off

Yeah a lot of my games came from free game flipping/Steam Trading Card money between 2014-2018, and some the old, good Humble Bundles where you still got like 3-5 AAA games for just $1 only before they got bought by EA or whoever and started doing 'beat the average'. Probably less than 10 games of mine there are from GMG, CDKeys etc

I'm just sitting at $487.90, and most of that is "OldSpend". I think that I've actually been lucky in that most of the "newer" games that I've played on Steam, such as GTA5 and FarCry 5, I was able to get via promotions for free. Most of my recent purchases have been DLC for Rome 2 Total War.

On the other hand, if they had this info available for Battle.net, the total would probably be pretty scary.

You could always view your purchase history, why is this new?

Saw a guy who spent 28K on the BG3 forums I wasted almost 6k alot of them are purchases regret like 70 percent of them. You just dont know what is going to be good unless your familiar with game mechanics.

I was pretty happy with Wartales recently and Pathfinder DLCs.

TypeTime CalculatedAmountCurrency
TotalSpend2023-07-27 10:32:24.9974924.46USD
OldSpend2023-07-27 10:32:24.9973156.50USD
PWSpend2023-07-27 10:32:24.9970.00USD
ChinaSpend2023-07-27 10:32:24.9970.00RMB

Damn. And I thought I was avoiding Steam purchases. Wtf.

~$1500 over 20 years is $75 a year which sounds about right. About half of those 128 games are free to play or were free mods like the original counter-strike, team fortress, etc. that Steam later started selling as standalone games.

It's crazy to see how much some of you spend on games, but I guess not surprising when I see people always playing whatever the new flavor of the month game is. I'm happy my gaming preferences allow me to be frugal.

1691421817902.png

I've had steam since it came out in 2003. I've never been a Steam fanboy. I actually wasn't happy they forced it upon you to play the newest Counter-Strike patch and Half-Life 2. It was annoying because you had to launch steam to launch your game instead of simplying launching your game straight away. But it had it's benefits and it was obvious digital stores were the future of buying games.

1691427589647.png
- Old steam account, havent bought anything since uhm, 2019? I dont remember.

1691427616712.png
- current steam account, since 2019? Whenever I stopped using the old one.

~$1500 over 20 years is $75 a year which sounds about right. About half of those 128 games are free to play or were free mods like the original counter-strike, team fortress, etc. that Steam later started selling as standalone games.

It's crazy to see how much some of you spend on games, but I guess not surprising when I see people always playing whatever the new flavor of the month game is. I'm happy my gaming preferences allow me to be frugal.

View attachment 588631

I've had steam since it came out in 2003. I've never been a Steam fanboy. I actually wasn't happy they forced it upon you to play the newest Counter-Strike patch and Half-Life 2. It was annoying because you had to launch steam to launch your game instead of simplying launching your game straight away. But it had it's benefits and it was obvious digital stores were the future of buying games.
Gaming is one of the cheapest hobbies out there in both upfront cost and cost per hour of enjoyment.

kgjfdlsgjldsfgsd.png

Not the most accurate since I have nineteen years on and off of Word of Warcraft and almost ten years of Path of Exile.

Not as bad as I thought since using Steam since the orange box in 1999 or early 2000.

Steam Spent.jpg

I do far better on Epic. A few hundred games, $35.

Sounds about right:
1691523914032.png

Can't remember the last full-price game I've bought on Steam.. prolly HL2 Episode 2, hah.

I'm sure I've spent much more on PSN since I buy many PS exclusives at launch (and then re-buy them on sale on Steam when/if they get ported).

Steam didn't exist until 2003, orange box came out in 2007
It's been more than a day and unless I write it down sometimes, I couldn't tell ya what today's breakfast consisted of.

I confused HL which was included in the orange box and was released when HL2 first hit the scene. My bad

Last edited:
It's been more than a day and unless I write it down sometimes, I couldn't tell ya what today's breakfast consisted of.
Well, Half-Life 2 came out over 15 years ago which makes it a "retro" game according to Google's definition. So yeah, all old stuff. 👴

Yeah that same guy straight up bought multiple people new gaming computers shipped to their house when they couldn't play some 4pack of a game he bought for them, must be nice lol

1691553310207.png

Oof, I knew I didn't wanna look :cry:

Damn you for posting this!

My only question is, say you sell something (CS:GO skins in my case), does it deduct from that amount? Back in my trading days I'd sell skins for games all the time. That would make this amount artificially high for me if not.

I am not clear if total spend includes old spend or not? If it does, then that is quite a relief as it means I have really cut down on my purchases which is what I thought I did.

I am not clear if total spend includes old spend or not? If it does, then that is quite a relief as it means I have really cut down on my purchases which is what I thought I did.
OldSpend is included in TotalSpend, yes. That makes me the "winner" so far 😅.

View attachment 589062

Oof, I knew I didn't wanna look :cry:

Damn you for posting this!

My only question is, say you sell something (CS:GO skins in my case), does it deduct from that amount? Back in my trading days I'd sell skins for games all the time. That would make this amount artificially high for me if not.

I dont' know, I assume not - because I assume (from how it looks) all my spend doesn't show all the trading card money I got when flipping free asset games to farm the Steam cards was a thing.

I think it only shows 'charges you used to fill your Steam wallet' and 'directly purchasing a game with a linked card/account'

Reactions: w35t
like this
Looks like I'm around $6500, although I probably end up using CDKeys for roughly 1/3 of my Steam purchases.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I’m at $13,000 - and I’m speechless.

This is since 2008, which is the year I ditched retail copies. I remember Far Cry 2 was my first real Steam title. It seemed weird not owning a physical copy, but I got used to buying digital and not having to go to the store or find a place in my house for a box.

I’m spending $800 a year on games, which isn’t too bad considering how much happiness I get out of this hobby.

Seeing some of the amount is why I do not necessarily have issue with DLC pricing-model-idea or even gamepass type, ending up paying say $130-140 on the game you indeed really liked but nothing or little upfront on what you did not play could end up less expensive.

I must not be alone to have a large collection or barely to never played but bought on some sales or look nice title but ended up not my type.....

Back