yeah... i deleted my floppy drive, HOW DO I GET IT BACK?!

cbachor

n00b
ok so the other day i was messing around in the windows comand promt and i was messing around wiht the "net use" command so i thought "hey... i wonder what happens if i set the drive letter to use to a drive thats in use..." so i pop in "net use A: \\computer\share" then i go to My Computer and shure enough i mapped the drive and got rid of my flopy drive, so im thinkin no biggie ill just disconnect the mapped drive and restart..... well i was wrong. so now i have no floppy drive which doesnt really matter because i never used it before but it buggs the hell outa me that its not there... my boss told me there was some registry edit i had to do but he dident know it off the top of his head and i dont want to do a system restore so if any of you guys know the reg edit or have any idea what to do i'd appreactate it

Just a thought... Possibly force windows to find new hardware ie. your floppy drive thus assigning it a drive letter...

naturally first remove it from your list of hardware devices...

Try the command again but add "/delete" to the end of it. It should delete (according to the help)

I would try it myself, but I don't have a floppy drive to get back (disconnected it) so my results wouldn't mean anything to you. Plus I don't want to risk trying this to C:\ ...

Back