Yay, finally got a dremel: Time to chop

I am currently in the process of completing my first official mods on my noblesse case and will have some pics as soon as I buy some new batteries and find a host. Congratulate me on getting a Dremel. Stay tuned!

Originally posted by [kin]phrak!
I am currently in the process of completing my first official mods on my noblesse case and will have some pics as soon as I buy some new batteries and find a host. Congratulate me on getting a Dremel. Stay tuned!

Nice man, looking forward to seeing some pics :)

Well, I went out and finally bought some batteries for the ol' Vivitar (hey it was free) and took some pics.

Warning: What you are about to see is the devirginizing of a noob modder!

Here go the fan grills chopped off, bottom one has been sanded down a bit but am not sure how to get that perfect circle.

fan grills.jpg

Here goes another pic of them with the flash off.

fan grills 2.jpg

As we speak, my friend went off to the store to by a rounded file to file down the burrs a bit.

What do you guys think? Take in mind that this is the first time I have ever used a Dremel and Electric Reciprocating Saw on a case. What do you recommend I do to get that perfect circle?

Well chopping your case was your first mistake. You should of practiced on scrap. To make a circle just use a hole saw. Right now the top circle has you written all over it. I would just call it a character mark.

holy hell
about time haha, you've had that case for like forever (well since i talked to you on aim a while back)

congrats
i'd suggest filing a lot to the top, and then cover up the uneven-ness with a fangrill
should help, if not, try some kind of molding around it

Or maybe you could avoid making a perfect circle, and try sanding them down to look like mechanical wheels, like the ones you see in watches and stuff. It'd look great, and save time.

Originally posted by EnFoRcEr!!
Or maybe you could avoid making a perfect circle, and try sanding them down to look like mechanical wheels, like the ones you see in watches and stuff. It'd look great, and save time.
I'll second that, just even them up a little. Great start! :)

Originally posted by DRxAndy
holy hell
about time haha, you've had that case for like forever (well since i talked to you on aim a while back)

congrats
i'd suggest filing a lot to the top, and then cover up the uneven-ness with a fangrill
should help, if not, try some kind of molding around it

Hehe, yea. I finally got to it.

When I first cut both of them off that's what they looked like actually. I thought about just leaving them alone but went ahead and started to sand down the bottom one. BTW, the top one hasn't been rounded at all and that is why it looks like that. I will sand it down probably later on tonight and post pics later. If anyone can round out those two holes, it would be me! :) Question, how does the one that has been sanded look?

Well chopping your case was your first mistake. You should of practiced on scrap. To make a circle just use a hole saw.

That is why this is the last time I will mod my Noblesse until I get some experience under my belt. I dug up my old vanilla case and am now going to practice on that one. I will take pics of it in a few a post.

Oh yea and about the hole saw; I've heard a lot of horror stories and just didn't want to chance it until I buy a drill press.

Here goes project unknown:

Front of the case where I will be placing a 120mm front intake
url]

Side shot of the case, here you can see what it looked like before I removed the cages.
url]

Back shot, here I will remove the stock fan grill.
url]

Shot of the motherboard tray where I will be doing some intricate cuts.
url]

Top panel which will have a design. (you can see the rivets I removed)
url]

The insides with the cages removed to make space to cute the hole for the 120mm intake.
url]

Can someone please fix the links to images, I nearly broke my hand on the wall because I couldn't get it right.

Back