Xtrac over Ratpadz???

You know it might be the teflon strips thats wearing out your rat. I have had mine now for about 7 months also using a MX500 and it has not worn out at all and I game alot. Sorry I dont know if its better but also they do sell skins for the rat if its worn out.:cool:

I have both, but I have the Xtrac micro and so far im liking it more than my ratpadz gs. I have it for almost a month now and its not showing any wear whatsoever. the nice thing about this is it lays flat on the surface, unlike the ratpadz, your mouse is kinda elevated a bit. even when im gaming, i rarely use my ratpadz anymore.

Can't be the teflon strips. The strips actually increased the longevity of the Ratpadz, not decrease it. If I didn't use it, the Ratpadz would wear down in about a month.

So verdict on the Xtrac? Does it wear like the Ratpadz GS?

I just got the Xtrac Pro HS about a week ago and am very satisfied with it. The mouse glides very smoothly. I can't really comment on the durability since I have only had it a week but I can definately state it will last longer than the Ratzpad in my opinion due to its design.

yeah it could actually be all the pledge, teflon strips etc which wear down the ratpad, i mean i've been using mine for a good 6 months at least with only the slightest possible wear (there are a few white spots) but other than that i have no problems. plenty of time spent on the computer w/ mx700, lots of gaming and lots of surfing and i don't use pledge, teflon tape or anything

did you actually try the mouse w/out teflon feet? or did you just listen to what everyone else said and jump on the bandwagon?

I got a GS when it came out and used it with my mx500 with no skates or liquids. The GS wore down in 3 months, not after it ate the mouse feet though. Thats when i started using skates since it was plastic on plastic. I since switched to an Xtrac Ripper and love it.

Originally posted by Dome
yeah it could actually be all the pledge, teflon strips etc which wear down the ratpad, i mean i've been using mine for a good 6 months at least with only the slightest possible wear (there are a few white spots) but other than that i have no problems. plenty of time spent on the computer w/ mx700, lots of gaming and lots of surfing and i don't use pledge, teflon tape or anything

did you actually try the mouse w/out teflon feet? or did you just listen to what everyone else said and jump on the bandwagon?

I've tried all types of combinations to keep my Ratpadz GS in order. Pledge, no Pledge, Teflon, no Teflon, simple cleaning, different mice, you name it. Same effect each time.

Had me going back to the original Ratpadz, but the problem with that is that it has a BIG tendency to warp out of shape, and its' not bendable back. I mean, bending in different places, so the surface becomes totally uneven, and I can't even use it; my mouse won't track because of it. So that's my dilemma and why I'm asking about the Xtrac.

I've heard of the Func pad wearing out like the Ratpadz. I mean, I know all mouse pads wear. But will the Func at least last me a year?

Originally posted by ajm786
I've heard of the Func pad wearing out like the Ratpadz. I mean, I know all mouse pads wear. But will the Func at least last me a year?

If you want a pad that will not wear out - buy a soft pad, yet if you NEED a hard pad, then your best bet is to go with a Func or a Steelpad/Icemat. The latter options are more expensive, yet you usually get what you pay for.

Originally posted by ajm786

My sUrface 1030 is four years old, and used daily. As long as you don't use a brick with sandpaper feet as a mouse it'll hold up for a long time.

Originally posted by Mar8985
Func pad pWnz j00.
i tend to agree. i bought a gs at the end of august and it wore out too much by the begining of december. all of my mx700's feet are worn to some extent. i bought a func pad, forget the model, and have been very happy with it. i have the one with 2 sides and i like the smooth side better than the slightly textured side. i liked the smoothness of the gs when it was new, but it just wore out. the xtrac might have a larger surface area than the func pad though

Back