xSeongminx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooky

Gawd
I sold xSeongminx my Gigabyte ATi Radeon x800XL (blue PCB) with a Zalman HSF and the stock "silentpipe" cooler as well as an AMD64 2800+ for $150 shipped. Thread here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028998526#post1028998526

I shipped first since he has 3 times more Heat than I do (27 to 9). Well, he told me that the box arrived damaged and torn open on Friday and that the CPU "must have fallen out" of the box. I chatted with USPS and they said there was no mention or notice (from the delivery person) of there being any damage to the box I shipped the items in, so I wouldn't be able to get my $150 back through the insurance claim because if there was damage, it was not done on their watch - I can't prove anything at this point and I need to be able to prove they delivered a damaged box. He said the card looked to have arrived safely and be in good condition.

So, I have been waiting for pictures of the damage since Friday, but they have not arrived and he said it was due to him not having his bluetooth adaptor. I was promised pics for yesterday and did not recieve any. Today I decided to browse the FS/FT section on Anandtech's forum and I found a thread of xSeongminx's and he was trying to trade my x800XL (even advertised it just like I did)) for an AGP card. He also has both the x800XL and the "missing" AMD64 2800+ NC I sold him listed in his sig (maybe not - I do admit I @$$umed that before knowing if the AMD64 2800+ listed in his sig was the one that fell out of the box and I apologise if it was his).

Link: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=45&threadid=1811807&enterthread=y

A few more details please.......has he refused to pay, or offered less? Have you discussed return of items? Has communication been open? Regardless of said damage, do the items not work? How did you pack? Although I us USPS almost exclusively, they are certainly not incapable of bad handling. IMO, the buyer is definetly obligated to provide pics of the damage ASAP and make arrangements with you. Missing bluetooth adapters and "I threw the box away" excuses don't make it.
Keep a good thought and don't cry Troll. Give the person resonable time to do his part. Seeing what is perhaps your hardware elsewhere is ballsy and shows no class, but you haven't been ripped off yet.

Toonage said:
A few more details please.......has he refused to pay, or offered less? Have you discussed return of items? Has communication been open? Regardless of said damage, do the items not work? How did you pack? Although I us USPS almost exclusively, they are certainly not incapable of bad handling. IMO, the buyer is definetly obligated to provide pics of the damage ASAP and make arrangements with you. Missing bluetooth adapters and "I threw the box away" excuses don't make it.
Keep a good thought and don't cry Troll. Give the person resonable time to do his part. Seeing what is perhaps your hardware elsewhere is ballsy and shows no class, but you haven't been ripped off yet.

I made this thread at CDS's request after I saw him trying to trade my PCI-E x800XL for an AGP one at Anand. Maybe I was in a hurry to post and my anger got in the way, but I'm not screaming troll yet - I just want answers.

He called dibs when I revised my FS thread (I dropped the price from $175 to $125 to get it sold and added an AMD64 2800+) and he called dibs. We chatted about the items and I agreed to sell both in a package deal for $150 shipped. Since I only had 9 Heat and he had 27 with a good following on H and Anand, I agreed to ship first.

I packaged the stuff inside a large box by placing packing peanuts at the bottom with air-packs. The x800XL was wrapped in a large (my x1800XL's) anti-static bag with bubble-wrap around it and taped with brown packing tape. I placed the CPU in a plastic box with foam backing to the side of the video card and underneath I placed the extra items (VIVO adaptor and stock heatsink) in a zip-lock baggie. The box was then filled with more peanuts and another layer of air-filled bags were added - enough to make sure the contents did not move around or rattle. Afterwards I wrote his address and mine on the box.

The next day I had my roommate (I don't drive anymore) take it to the USPS office with written instructions to send it Priority and to place $150 in insurance on it. She does this for me everytime I ship items. All was good until Friday when he told me (VIA PM) that he recieved the box and it was torn open. He also stated that the CPU must have fallen out of the box because it was missing. He also told me that the video card looked to be in "good physical shape" and that he did not have his PCI-E computer at school. The only thing he said in regards to money is that I will get my money back because I took out insurance.

I still have not recieved pictures of the damage and know nothing really. Again, I'm sorry if this makes me look classless, but I did was CDS said I should. I've never been ina situation like this before, so I didn't know how I would handle myself until it happened and it has made my heart race for the past 2 hours. If this ends up being a huge misunderstanding, I'll own up to it, but I'm sort of in the mind frame that I would rather be safe than sorry.

Yup i did, its pretty odd to see an item up for trade before even paying for it and the only mention of funds, as mentioned above, is to get it from insurance.

This thread was start to get his attention (not for trolling reasons yet) to get this worked out

In my experience with USPS insurance claims (one, but it was bad) a full computer was damaged and sent back. They wanted to physically inspect the case damage and interior components: damaged case front bay covers and dented side panel, and chipped optical drive faceplate. They're gonna need your package/items to look at and even then the process isn't speedy, even if the claim goes in your favor. An interesting part of this process is that the Origination Post Office wants to coordinate with the Destination Post Office. It helps if all is inspected on his end. In the case of the missing CPU, it was part of the whole package which was delivered, so it can't be claimed as lost in the mail....that's a grey area. Insurance was taken on this package, and that automaticly requires a signature confirmation. Would you sign for a package that was torn open with no note to the delivery person? Good luck to you.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the auto signature with insurance....apparently its only that way with Priority and Delivery Confirmation, which is the only way I ship, and when ins. is added they require it.

Actually with insurance a signature isnt required unless you pay for that service, ive sent and recieved many insured packages without having to sign for them. They just stamp it insured

I probably should have used signature confirmation :( My receipt has a dated insurance stamp.

I sent a PM giving him some info about the USPS process and that I needed my torn box (and item(s) shipped back, prefferably inside a larger box so I can have them inspected. They won't really help much with no evidence to back anything up.

Uhmm... Wow.... I'm very appaled that you created this thread without even PMing me about the situation. I told you that I didn't have the software to install the bluetooth device to sync my computer with my cell phone. Don't think that I have either? Why don't you check my heatware and you'll see that I purchased the bluetooth adapter off of someone at Anandtech and also posted my phone up for sale (I sold my first one, Samsung D500, and you can see that in my heatware).

From this, you have just shown to me that you are utterly someone not to deal with, calling people out without even contacting them about the situation. To make things worse, you didn't even contact me yesturday (Saturday) once. I replied to you EVERY DAMN TIME you asked me something in a very quick, oriented fashion, so I'm not sure why you didn't think that PMing me could have resulted in a peaceful resolution. If anyone wants, I'd be glad to post all of our PM's, and my responses to show everyone that I did not ignore a single PM. Here is the last PM you sent me, which in fact is dated TODAY, ONE HOUR PRIOR TO MAKING THIS THREAD!!

Today, 03:50 AM
Pooky Limp Gawd

Re: Both

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you get me the pic by tomorrow? USPS won't just give me my money back, I need to prove that the damage happened while the box was in their care and that's goiong to be somewhat hard because they have no record of any damage (they assured me the person who delivered the package would have noted that it was damaged and there was no mention of it). I would prefer it if you would send the items back to me in the same box (put it inside a larger box if possible).

Thanks,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seongmin
I can't find the cd to my bluetooth adapter. Must be at home.. I'm going home tomorrow, but if it is here at school, I'll send you the pics tonight. The video card btw seems to be in good physical shape (haven't tried it, due to the fact that I don't have my pci-e comp at school).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky
Does anything work? Please send the pics to my email ([email protected])? I'll print them out and take the slip and photos.

Looks like I'll need to pay the USPS office a visit tomorrow

Quote:
Btw, since you purchased insurance, you will get your money back.

The last PM you sent me?? Here you go...

02-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Pooky Limp Gawd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anything work? Please send the pics to my email ([email protected])? I'll print them out and take the slip and photos.

Quote:

I responded to this PM on the same day it was sent, WHICH WAS FRIDAY (1 1/2 hours later), and you PM me TODAY an hour prior to making this thread. First, today is Sunday and I attend church. Second, after reading the PM, you didn't say jack crap about creating a thread (and I don't know why you would need to..) and third, did I say I was going to rip you off? No, I said that I would take pictures FOR YOU and send them to you, in an effort to help you retrieve your money.

Think of it this way, I went home on Saturday. I decided to just take quality pictures with my digi, that is AFTER I HEAD BACK UP TO SCHOOL. Ponder about this quickly... how am I supposed to take pictures of the items when I am at home, and they are at school. I even told you that I would be heading home to find the drivers for the bluetooth adapter. Once I got home, out of sheer generosity, I thought that you would be able to see the damages and the note from my school stating that the item was damaged prior to them recieving it more clearly if I used something that was meant for taking pictures.

Just to prove to others, I will be posting the pics of the box, school package paper, bluetooth adapter, and my cell phone ( to prove to you guys that my phone can take pics and send them via bluetooth ).

Btw, I also told you that I would give you my school contact information so that you could indeed verify that the package was damaged upon them recieving it. Sigh..., a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll post them once I get back to school.

Then send the info.

May I ask why you are offering the x800XL on Anandtech before it's "yours" though? We still have not completed our deal and I really got scared. Those contacts are from Friday with one from Sunday moring. There's nothing answering my worries and this thread is simply me worrying excessively. Since it has been made, all we need to do is resolve it.

You're right, maybe I did overeact, but I sent that PM right before I saw your new thread on Anand with a PCI-E Gigabyte x800XL with a Zalman and a "silentpipe" up for trade... That's what freaked me out. If we have not concluded our deal, what's with that one? It's dated for yesterday, so you were able to go online and offer the card for trade, but not respond to my earlier worries or send pictures?

Pooky said:
Then send the info.

May I ask why you are offering the x800XL on Anandtech before it's "yours" though? We still have not completed our deal and I really got scared. Those contacts are from Friday. There's nothing answering my worries and this thread is simply me worrying excessively. Since it has been made, all we need to do is resolve it.

I was gathering interest to see what people would be willing to trade for, if it was mine. I admit, this was a wrong move, considering the card is still yours, but I WAS going to pay you what you had origionally asked for the card.

What do you mean "those contacts are from Friday." You PM'd me today, an hour prior to this thread, stating the above.

I have been answering you quite often if I remember correctly... There has been no reason of why you should have gotten worried, and I am quite upset that you went to the extent of creating a thread before consulting me about it.

Pooky said:
Then send the info.

May I ask why you are offering the x800XL on Anandtech before it's "yours" though? We still have not completed our deal and I really got scared. Those contacts are from Friday with one from Sunday moring. There's nothing answering my worries and this thread is simply me worrying excessively. Since it has been made, all we need to do is resolve it.

You're right, maybe I did overeact, but I sent that PM right before I saw your new thread on Anand with a PCI-E Gigabyte x800XL with a Zalman and a "silentpipe" up for trade... That's what freaked me out. If we have not concluded our deal, what's with that one? It's dated for yesterday, so you were able to go online and offer the card for trade, but not respond to my earlier worries or send pictures?

What earlier worries... You didn't PM me jack squat. Again, the stuff is at school and I am at home. How am I supposed to take pics?

Seongmin said:
I was gathering interest to see what people would be willing to trade for, if it was mine. I admit, this was a wrong move, considering the card is still yours, but I WAS going to pay you what you had origionally asked for the card.

What do you mean "those contacts are from Friday." You PM'd me today, an hour prior to this thread, stating the above.

I have been answering you quite often if I remember correctly... There has been no reason of why you should have gotten worried, and I am quite upset that you went to the extent of creating a thread before consulting me about it.

Then pay me and I'll apologise for making this thread and for not consulting you. It's just that it's hard to figure out what to do when you think you've been scammed and seeing your AT thread did exactly that. I sent my first concern to CDS on Friday night though.

Another thing that made an impact was that you had not yet told me if the x800 was working or not. So when I saw it at AT I immediatell thought something was wrong.

Why are you going to contact a mod before contacting me about it. The mod does not know any more than you do, and although they are here for safety and to keep the boards a better place, the only person with the knowledge of our trade is you and me (mostly me in this case). I will be shipping the card back to you, and I'll PM you more about it. I am heading back to church. Will be back in 2 hours or so.

Seongmin said:
Why are you going to contact a mod before contacting me about it. The mod does not know any more than you do, and although they are here for safety and to keep the boards a better place, the only person with the knowledge of our trade is you and me (mostly me in this case). I will be shipping the card back to you, and I'll PM you more about it. I am heading back to church. Will be back in 2 hours or so.

I only asked for advice.

Please ship it in the same box I sent the it in (inside another box). I would like to see the tear that the AMD 64 2800+ fell out of.

Here are the important PM's, if you want me to add more, please say so...

02-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Pooky Limp Gawd

Has the stuff arrived? I wouldn't think it would take more than 2 days to Washington

Quote:
I finally figured it out. The number you gave me is an insurance number .

Quote:
OK, your stuff was dropped off 3 hours ago. It's in a brown box filled with air-filled bags and assorted packing peanuts. The card is in an anti static bag and the CPU is in a platic OEM CPU box with a piece of foam on the pin side. I included the VIVO adapter (it has S-video, component and optical inputs with a TV/HDTV switch) and a DVI to VGA adapter.

The tracking # is: VF 828 892 083 US and it is insured for $150.

Quote:
And i'm in the US

Quote:
Quote:
Will you sell both for a combo price? LMK.

How about $155 shipped for both (if you're in the US)?

Continuing from the last PM about me recieving the stuff...

02-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Seongmin Limp Gawd

It takes a bit for my school to process shipments. I didn't check my mailbox yet but I'll give you an update.

02-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Seongmin Limp Gawd

I can't find the cd to my bluetooth adapter. Must be at home.. I'm going home tomorrow, but if it is here at school, I'll send you the pics tonight. The video card btw seems to be in good physical shape (haven't tried it, due to the fact that I don't have my pci-e comp at school).

Quote:

Quote:

***Notice how this was sent to him on Friday... I told him explicitly that I would be going home TOMORROW (as in, Saturday). I also PM'd him about the situation 5 times on Friday...***

Well, that's most of it before he created this thread but I'm letting others know what happens when you deal with a noob.

Ok, so from what you saying, CDS told you to create a thread about me?

The thread wasnt started to call you out as a troll it was to get your attention to address the matter, I didnt realize that he didnt contact you first but from a buyers point of view it is a little more then off putting to see your stuff you just sent first on another forum up for trade before even getting paid for it

Since you both posted here, continue to communicate via PM/Email to get this worked out.

If anyhting comes up (either of you) let me know and i can re-open this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back