XFX Thanks [H]ard|OCP and Customers!

XFXSupport

XFX Representative
I just wanted to say a big Thank You to the [H]ard|OCP staff and all of the customers that participated in the HardOCP/XFX 8800GT promotion. Don't forget to register your video card at www.xfxforce.com. With that said, let’s see some pictures of your updated system along with some benchmarks!

i think its awesome you guys worked together with [h] to make the promotion happen, I didn't buy one of your cards but it was sweet to see people grab theirs through the promotion.

If I could afford a new GPU, it would be an XFX 8800GT atm..But, I just had surgery and have to pay some pretty hefty bills, so I'm stuck with the old system below..=(

If I could afford a new GPU, it would be an XFX 8800GT atm..But, I just had surgery and have to pay some pretty hefty bills, so I'm stuck with the old system below..=(

how do you guys put your systems below like how he has it ?

User CP at the top left then go to Edit Signature :p

Hmm, that XFX 8800 GT does look tempting.......:D

Was going to hit up XFX for my 8800GT

but newegg had a eVga 8800GT KO up for grabs

and thats what is in my box right now

but thank you XFX for the great deal you had with the [H].. very impressive

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to the [H]ard|OCP staff and all of the customers that participated in the HardOCP/XFX 8800GT promotion. Don't forget to register your video card at www.xfxforce.com. With that said, lets see some pics of you updated system along with some benchmarks! :D

Hope your graphics cards are better than you grammar XFXSupport!

There's nothing wrong with his grammar, though he did forget the apostrophe on "let's" and the "r" keypress didn't register on "your". *shrug*
It happens. Picky much?

If I remember to, I'll post pics when mine arrives and I'll run a benchmark on Crysis on my current 7900GT so I can compare that with the 8800GT when it arrives. :)

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to the [H]ard|OCP staff and all of the customers that participated in the HardOCP/XFX 8800GT promotion. Don't forget to register your video card at www.xfxforce.com. With that said, lets see some pics of you updated system along with some benchmarks! :D

Major props to XFX for hooking us @ [H] up with some cards :D

With that said though, I was a little too late on getting in on it.

I'm pretty sure a lot of us regard XFX & eVGA as the top two best choices for a nvidia based GPU, and I'm sorry to say i'd be more incline to go with eVGA on a non-promo purchase due to their step-up program.

However, if you do have any more promotions in the future w/ [H], you can bet you have lots of support here, so maybe again sometime soon? ;)

All fixed and thank you for pointing that out. I even changed the “pics” to “pictures” just so everyone knows what I am referring to.

All fixed and thank you for pointing that out. I even changed the “pics” to “pictures” just so everyone knows what I am referring to.

Haha, he has a sense of humor too. :D

Thanks XFXSupport man! I've been enjoying my XFX 8800GTS 640 for nearly a year now. :)

good job. throw an insult and look stupid at the same time!

i've had an XFX 7900GT for awhile. awesome card. i'd buy from you guys again if i didn't jump on that Fry's/EVGA deal. lol

Thanks XFX Support! Looks like I may need to rebuild my whole rig now. Been a few years :p

Posted this in the other thread but figured XFXSupport might appreciate it here as well:

No pics but I do have some quick numbers:

These are on the 169.09 beta drivers.

7900GT at 450MHz GPU / 661MHz RAM (I ran mine low to keep it cool):

CRYSIS

Settings: 1680x1050. Crysis settings at default benchmark settings: "DX9 32bit MedSpec DevMode"

CPU Benchmark:
Play Time: 48.51s, Average FPS: 30.92
Min FPS: 15.77 at frame 196, Max FPS: 39.01 at frame 122
Average Tri/Sec: 20856208, Tri/Frame: 674422
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 1.07

GPU Benchmark:
Play Time: 62.46s, Average FPS: 32.02
Min FPS: 22.24 at frame 270, Max FPS: 46.54 at frame 73
Average Tri/Sec: 23294540, Tri/Frame: 727514
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 1.26

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
8800GT at stock settings 600 / 900:

CPU Benchmark:
Play Time: 23.59s, Average FPS: 63.59
Min FPS: 36.49 at frame 923, Max FPS: 95.99 at frame 375
Average Tri/Sec: 43380480, Tri/Frame: 682174
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 1.05

GPU Benchmark:
Play Time: 29.11s, Average FPS: 68.70
Min FPS: 39.97 at frame 1965, Max FPS: 96.17 at frame 127
Average Tri/Sec: 49983416, Tri/Frame: 727541
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 1.26

As you can see, my 7900GT was even holding back my CPU benchmark scores in Crysis and by a significant amount! I more than doubled my CPU Benchmark scores and almost doubled my GPU scores.

CoD4:

Settings: 1680x01050. For the 7900GT I used 2xAA, about one third Anisotropic Filtering slider, and most settings enabled except Soften Smoke Edges and I left Texture Quality Automatic.

With cg_drawFPS set to "Simple" (aka "1") I was seeing (and feeling) my 7900GT chugged along in the 20s, dipping into the teens for many parts of the game.

Now with the 8800GT I have all settings maxed out in CoD4 including 4xAA, Texture Quality Manual, Extra, Extra, Extra, and max Anisotropic Filtering slider, and it plays solidly in the 50s, often hitting the 60s cap CoD4 has on default... either 60 or 62fps.

Needless to say I am more than pleased. All this card has to do now is function and it will continue to please me. :)

Btw I also installed RivaTuner and have it controlling the fan speed for better cooling of the card and noise management. In my case (this will vary depending on your case size, ventilation, and what's in your case), I run it at 35% default fanspeed which puts the temp around 55C in Windows. I have it boost the fanspeed to 50% when it goes over 60C, and to 75% if it crosses over 70C. Funny thing is it hasn't hit 70C yet (thankfully lol). While gaming for a couple hours last night (CoD4), it hit as high as 68-69C but the 50% fan speed was able to keep it cool and never over 69C so it never ratcheted up to the 75% setting.

Hey, i recently purchased a xfx alpha dog extreme editon 8800gt 512. (640 core, 1.9 mem)
Now when i play fear combat for between 30min - 1hr i get red dots all over the screen.
When i underclock the card to standard 8800gt clocks it seems to work fine.
I have tried manually setting the fan to 50% & 60% but dont want to go higher.(noise factor, these cards are loud!)
Have you heard of these issues with that version of the 8800gt?
Also just to mention i'm in New Zealand.
thanks.

fwiw i've been seeing occasional overheating issues with all brands of overclocked 8800GTs that still use the reference fan & heatsink design.

Hey, i recently purchased a xfx alpha dog extreme editon 8800gt 512. (640 core, 1.9 mem)
Now when i play fear combat for between 30min - 1hr i get red dots all over the screen.
When i underclock the card to standard 8800gt clocks it seems to work fine.
I have tried manually setting the fan to 50% & 60% but dont want to go higher.(noise factor, these cards are loud!)
Have you heard of these issues with that version of the 8800gt?
Also just to mention i'm in New Zealand.
thanks.

I found red dots to be memory clock too high.

Try downclocking the video card a bit to see if it helps (a good trouble shooting method).

So he bought a more expensive OCed version just so he can downclock it back to stock reference settings? Wow.:rolleyes:

No, ass, he's recommending that as part of the troubleshooting process to identify the source of the problem. Try comprehending what you read before trying to draw a conclusion from it. They used to teach this in elementary school...

Clearly if the card is sold at a specific speed it would be warranted to achieve that speed. If the cause is identified as a fault in the card's hardware I have a feeling XFX will offer a replacement (just my guess). Other possibilities exist such as an inferior or malfunctioning power supply, or a case that doesn't provide adequate airflow and so fails to provide good ambient air temps, which will lead to the card running hotter than it should.

No, ass, he's recommending that as part of the troubleshooting process to identify the source of the problem. Try comprehending what you read before trying to draw a conclusion from it. They used to teach this in elementary school...

Clearly if the card is sold at a specific speed it would be warranted to achieve that speed. If the cause is identified as a fault in the card's hardware I have a feeling XFX will offer a replacement (just my guess). Other possibilities exist such as an inferior or malfunctioning power supply, or a case that doesn't provide adequate airflow and so fails to provide good ambient air temps, which will lead to the card running hotter than it should.

Sure, heat would cause corruption or lockups and a faulty PSU would cause pure lockups, thereby its most likely the memory failing. The XFX support guy said downclock it a bit, as in "reduce the clockspeed so everything is nice and dandy". There is no company in the world that begs and wishes every night to replace a piece of hardware. So the solution is blame it on something else, or tweak it ever so slightly to not replace anything. And from my understanding - which is quite good - the XFX Support guy suggested just that.

Now stop being a little kid who doesn't like rain on his birthday and face the financial facts.

Sure, heat would cause corruption or lockups and a faulty PSU would cause pure lockups, thereby its most likely the memory failing. The XFX support guy said downclock it a bit, as in "reduce the clockspeed so everything is nice and dandy". There is no company in the world that begs and wishes every night to replace a piece of hardware. So the solution is blame it on something else, or tweak it ever so slightly to not replace anything. And from my understanding - which is quite good - the XFX Support guy suggested just that.

Now stop being a little kid who doesn't like rain on his birthday and face the financial facts.

What part of "as part of the troubleshooting process to identify the source of the problem" do you not comprehend? Do tell!

You misread and made a childish remark.
Instead of holding your hands up, you start a stupid flame.
We arent thick and can help the guy resolve his issue, preferably without your input.
You should grow up.

Back