XFX Radeon 295X - $999.99

Wow! That dropped in price rather fast! I'd feel bad if I had bought one at $1,499! LOL.

Not something I would buy... honestly though the price seems reasonable, isn't this two 290X cores? Two non-ref 290X will cost around the same

This is what it should have cost at launch though, $1500 was ridiculous

This is a fire-sale price per news articles in response to nvidia's maxwell cards coming on soon, to try to move stock before then. Why they feel the need to before the GTX 9 series hits, is anyone's guess and rumor material.

If this can come to Canada before it goes OOS I'm all over it.

This is a fire-sale price per news articles in response to nvidia's maxwell cards coming on soon, to try to move stock before then. Why they feel the need to before the GTX 9 series hits, is anyone's guess and rumor material.

I know why....but I can't say :-/

Must be new cards baking in the ovens.... But really why would anyone buy anything before DX12 hits?

Must be new cards baking in the ovens.... But really why would anyone buy anything before DX12 hits?

Agreed. Can't wait until devs start using DX10. I mean DX11. Err, DX11.1, or is it DX11.2?

OH SHIT, DX12??? Damn.

Still better to maybe buy 2 used 290Xs for around 750 bucks off ebay or something.

Still better to maybe buy 2 used 290Xs for around 750 bucks off ebay or something.

To bring the cooling up to par with what I think these 295X's have at stock, though, you'd need two Kraken G30's and 2 AIO coolers... and it'd be more of a pain to set up and take up more space. So it evens out a bit.

Agreed. Can't wait until devs start using DX10. I mean DX11. Err, DX11.1, or is it DX11.2?

OH SHIT, DX12??? Damn.

I think every game I have bought in the last few years has been dx11 except Lego Marvel. Dx12 is a more optimized dx11 with a handful of other features.....

There is really nothing to back up the "because of maxwell" reason at this point. The price drop could be in response to the OEM price drop of the GeForce Titan Z. Or it could be because of AMDs own unreleased product.

I mean it becomes a "chicken or the egg" deal with Maxwell. At least we know something is happening. Wonder if Matrox knows something we don't with their newly announced partnership. :)

Wonder if Matrox knows something we don't with their newly announced partnership. :)

Just for existing products alone I'd say the W9100 FirePRO is an absolutely fantastic card/GPU for the business Matrox is in.

They are a great fit together.

Regardless of performance some consumers will buy whatever is new, or be tempted by a sale. So simply they are going to have a sale to try to hook some buyers before 980 hits.

Regardless of performance some consumers will buy whatever is new, or be tempted by a sale. So simply they are going to have a sale to try to hook some buyers before 980 hits.

Also some are not as informed as us and may not even be aware of the 980.

This video card is insane! Do people really need that much juice to run games? Maybe I'm "old school" as I play strategy games. Spend a grand on a VC? No way IMHO.

Its not that you're old school its just that you play less demanding games. Some of us play more demanding games and want to achieve consistent 120-150 FPS.

Vulcan: God bless. I have the money to spend on anything! Just that it's insane to buy a VC @ that price. Regardless of games that I play. Yes...I play less demanding games, but is it really worth it?

Vulcan: God bless. I have the money to spend on anything! Just that it's insane to buy a VC @ that price. Regardless of games that I play. Yes...I play less demanding games, but is it really worth it?

I guess we all spend our money somewhere - I still think I was crazy summer of 1998 buying 2 12mb Diamond Monster 3D II cards just to play Quake 2 at 1024x768. Was it worth $600? I don't think so looking back.

Back