XFX HD 6870 $159.99 + FS + Dirt3 and Shogun 2

works with 6 different cards, check the rebate. That said, it works on 6850, but I could've sworn they added 10 dollars to what the price was. Not completely sure though.

XFX has made me happy over the past 7 years...going back to Giving me a 6800LE when they weren't out & nobody had benchmarks yet.

I currently run 6850's in Xfire & they sent me a free crossfire cable when I registered both cards & inquired about it. Max support time was about 2-3 days and about 5 business days to get the cable. Support people seem to have English as their native language as well (....at least written. Haven't talked to them on the phone)

XFX has made me happy over the past 7 years...going back to Giving me a 6800LE when they weren't out & nobody had benchmarks yet.

I currently run 6850's in Xfire & they sent me a free crossfire cable when I registered both cards & inquired about it. Max support time was about 2-3 days and about 5 business days to get the cable. Support people seem to have English as their native language as well (....at least written. Haven't talked to them on the phone)
wow that thread brings back memories

I like this comment:
I really do hope I can find one, $199 for a something that can beat out the $250+ 9800XT/5950U is just freaking great since cash is tight right now.

Gees. If only $250 was still the high end. That gets you a mid range card today.

How much of an upgrade from a 3870 would this be? I started to notice games like Hot Pursuit and Assassin's Creed 2 can get choppy/sluggish at points.

A pretty big upgrades yes.

Thanks, I actually meant to put this in the 6850 thread but I would guess the same big upgrade would apply. I was kind of hoping for a 2GB card to be as cheap since I wanted to push GTA IV to the max but at this price I just might bite on the 6850.

tempting....I'm still using my GT275 and haven't really ran into any problems. My X6 is running at 3.8ghz. Worth it or hold off?

Not much of an upgrade unless you get 2 of them :D

That's really not true. You'd see a bump of 20-30% at least while using less power and producing less heat. As for whether it's worth it or not is up to you. I'm waiting until closer to October or November in hopes this card falls below 150 but I'm also not playing anything seriously until BF3 and ToR.

I guess I'll wait until I start having difficulties with newer games. Maybe when Skyrim comes out, it will force me to upgrade.

Grrr the 6850 is cheaper ($125 XFX deal) and takes less power, but the cooler on that version is LOUD and the failure rate doesn't look good either. Should I just suck it up and get the 6870 even though it's not that much faster for the $$$?

Back