XFX BE 6870

Chapelboy

n00b
Santa brought me one for Christmas:)

I've installed the following drivers (A little confusing with so many options on the site)

AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Windows 7– Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center 110 MB 10.12 12/13/2010

Is there anything additional I should download?

Any suggestions on how I can up the performance? Any suggested changes or setting I can change?

So far I've played BC2 with everything maxed (looks awesome)
FO Vegas maxed (something looks different)
LOTRO maxed (looking awesome)

I upgraded from a 5770

I looked through the box and couldn't find any rebate form. I want my $30 rebate! I'll be putting a call into Newegg.

I also got an XFX 6870 for Christmas, not the BE edition though. From what I've seen 1GHz seems to be the highest the core will go and stay stable anyway.

I installed the 10.12 Preview driver and the card seems to be doing well but when I go to the OC settings in the CCC they are grayed out.

I'm guessing we should try the MSI Afterburner instead?

I also got an XFX 6870 for Christmas, not the BE edition though. From what I've seen 1GHz seems to be the highest the core will go and stay stable anyway.

I installed the 10.12 Preview driver and the card seems to be doing well but when I go to the OC settings in the CCC they are grayed out.

I'm guessing we should try the MSI Afterburner instead?

I don't think Afterburner is yet updated for 69xx series support.

Thanks for much for rebate information. Any other suggestions as far as settings go or other programs I should download?

Why would we need 69XX series support? Am I missing something?

Back