Xbox360 DRE?

Entropy

Gawd
I've been getting disc read errors and there. I recently bought my console (August 29th).. Has anybody gone through the warranty procedure with Microsoft? Do they need the receipt (I cant find mine :().

Any help is appreciated....

PS - Posting without googling, gotta pick up the girlfriend.

Not sure if you will need a reciept or not, but I don't think so. At the very least, they should be able to look up your manufacture date off the serial number, and see that its not that old. They may even be able to get the purchase date off that since retailers have to scan the serial number at the POS.

Try this:
System > memory > y button, x, x, left bumper, right bumper, x, x, a message will appear asking "do you want to perform maintainence?"

This fixed my DRE problem I had about a week ago but it takes away all patches/updates but that's no big deal since they will apply themselves anyway. YMMV..

joemama said:
Try this:
System > memory > y button, x, x, left bumper, right bumper, x, x, a message will appear asking "do you want to perform maintainence?"

This fixed my DRE problem I had about a week ago but it takes away all patches/updates but that's no big deal since they will apply themselves anyway. YMMV..

Will that wipe anything on the hard drive as well?

I was getting disk read errors, which eventually led to no error screens and no disks being read completely, and nothing would fix it. I believe you are out of warranty with Microsoft (3 months-very very sad). You don't need your receipt you just need your credit card. :mad:

I emailed them last night and I still havent received a response. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see what the heck is going on. I'll be pretty pissed if they don't cover it, its out of warranty by TEN days.

Entropy said:
I emailed them last night and I still havent received a response. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see what the heck is going on. I'll be pretty pissed if they don't cover it, its out of warranty by TEN days.

Hopefully you have better luck than my 4 *month* support nightmare...

Back