Xbox One Account Migration Question

refraxion

[H]F Junkie
Hi guys,

My friend who owns an Xbox One is moving to Canada from the states. Would he be able to keep his games that he already owns after migration and how would it work if he changes to the Canadian store? Do the licenses transfer so he can buy DLC from the Canadian store for it to work with his US games?

He bought killer instinct DLC as well. Does anyone know or have been in this scenario care to provide some insight?

Not sure but may be best to have him contact MSoft on their site, they would be able to give him the quickest/best answer.

Sounds like it would work easily but I've had issues moving from Northern California to Southern and cell phone vendors not using the same system, had to start a new account and limited options to transfer, etc... probably some issues going north 'eh.

Good question.

Thought I'd just be able to google the answer quickly, but nothing was popping up. When you do find the answer, let us know!

Tell him to get a DNS changer service. His Xbox will still think he's in the states and he will also be able to use us services like us Netflix instead of the craptastic Canadian on. Its what I do, costs $5/month

Good question.

Thought I'd just be able to google the answer quickly, but nothing was popping up. When you do find the answer, let us know!

Will do, when/if he gets up here I'll see what solution he finds.

Tell him to get a DNS changer service. His Xbox will still think he's in the states and he will also be able to use us services like us Netflix instead of the craptastic Canadian on. Its what I do, costs $5/month

I will definitely tell him to try that, I didn't think a DNS changer would actually work for the Xbox. I use one myself for the american Netflix :p

Not sure but may be best to have him contact MSoft on their site, they would be able to give him the quickest/best answer.

Sounds like it would work easily but I've had issues moving from Northern California to Southern and cell phone vendors not using the same system, had to start a new account and limited options to transfer, etc... probably some issues going north 'eh.

Based off of the Microsoft website it seems like you can download all the games and software you own before moving then you're SOL.

Will do, when/if he gets up here I'll see what solution he finds.

I will definitely tell him to try that, I didn't think a DNS changer would actually work for the Xbox. I use one myself for the american Netflix :p

DNS changer works perfectly for Netflix on my 360 so I'm assuming it will work for xbone and games, let us know how it turns out if he does :p

Back