XBox 360 VGA Cable

LookBehindYou

Weaksauce
Anyone have any preferences on the vga cables for the 360? I just picked up a new 24" monitor and want to run the xbox on it. The ms branded one goes for 40 and i've seen a third party one for half that. Any experiences good or bad with either?

I've had the official MS one and have yet to have a problem with it. As long as you get a quality third party cable you should be fine.

Cool, thanks. BTW, did the official ms one come with a an adapter to convert the red and white rca into the small (ithink its 8mm) headphone type jack?

I found the MS ones at gamestop used.. Should check there.. got it for 10$

Cool, thanks. BTW, did the official ms one come with a an adapter to convert the red and white rca into the small (ithink its 8mm) headphone type jack?

If I remember right it did. I already had the adapter with the speakers I was going to use from where they were connected to another setup. Can't be sure if it came with the adapter because of that. If it did it is around here somewhere.

Yeah, The MS VGA kit came with the RCA to 1/8th in jack. I bought the MS kit for around 25 dollars. (employee price). I would buy a used one or look for one on clearance/sale, I have nothing but good things to say about the MS VGA kit, used it for about two years, used it just 5 minutes ago. lol

I bought a no-name one off eBay for AU$20 and have had a good experience so far *touch wood*. It has optical out and RCA audio plugs, but no adapter. I'm using the adapter that came with my Logitech 5.1 speakers so it didn't affect me, but RCA to 3.5mm cords are pretty cheap anyway.

Using the official MS VGA cable with no problems for almost a year now. Since they added my LCD monitor's native 1680x1050 res support this cable was the best purchase I've ever made for 360, with a close 2nd going to the controller charge kit. :D

I have the Microsoft brand VGA cable and so far it has been working great. Originally I bought it and hooked my Xbox up to my 22 inch computer monitor, but then when I bought a new HDTV I moved the 360 to that. I'm still using the VGA cable on the television as my 360 is an old model with no HDMI, and I figured I'd use the VGA over component.

I ended up picking up the ms one from gamestop for 40 bucks. I went from an older non widescreen 1080i crt hdtv using component to a dell s2409w using the vga, man the picture is great now!

Back