Xbox 360 price cut coming July 13

pug

[H]ard|Gawd
However, it looks like this isn't a permanent price cut. It's to empty stock to make room for a new sku (60GB version).

However, it looks like this isn't a permanent price cut. It's to empty stock to make room for a new sku (60GB version).
I'm thinking about getting a 360, but do you think the 60gb will be $300 too? or will they sell out the 20gb's at $300 and make the 60gb's $350 again?

Target already has them for $299. I've been meaning to get one, but I think $250 is my price point...

Not knocking the system, that is just the magic number Microsoft has to hit before I pick one up.

I'm thinking about getting a 360, but do you think the 60gb will be $300 too? or will they sell out the 20gb's at $300 and make the 60gb's $350 again?
It's likely to be $350 intially with a price drop coming later. Pretty much what Sony did with the PS3.

I got a refurbished 360 Pro for $188 on ebay along with a 30 day warranty from that guy and then a 2 year warranty from Square Trade ($30).

I got a refurbished 360 Pro for $188 on ebay along with a 30 day warranty from that guy and then a 2 year warranty from Square Trade ($30).

Gotta RMA for a refund/replacement.

DVD drive doesn't work :(

I checked and it was made in 2006 aswell :mad:

Well, it's not really a price drop as much as it is a clearance price. They're replacing the 20GB Pro with a 60GB model at $349 and phasing out the 20GB model by pricing it at $299 until stock runs out.

with all of the problems the xboxes have been having i'm surprised they haven't dropped the price sooner

with all of the problems the xboxes have been having i'm surprised they haven't dropped the price sooner

This isn't not so much a real price drop though, since the 20GB model is EOL and the 60GB is coming soon at $349.

go fucking figure, i buy it right before the cut....fuck you microsoft

personally i think the 360 was over priced from the beginning considering what you get in the box. no HD content Rom, small proprietary HDD, no rechargeable controller.

compared to my PS3 my 360 cost me way more to buy.

Mac[X-D];1032746463 said:
personally i think the 360 was over priced from the beginning considering what you get in the box. no HD content Rom, small proprietary HDD, no rechargeable controller.

compared to my PS3 my 360 cost me way more to buy.

Mine came with PGR, 2 wireless controllers, and 4 months of LIVE for $360ish almost two years ago, and thats in NEW condition. PS3 was $500 for the cheapo version then. I think it takes a smart shopper..

Mine came with PGR, 2 wireless controllers, and 4 months of LIVE for $360ish almost two years ago, and thats in NEW condition. PS3 was $500 for the cheapo version then. I think it takes a smart shopper..

what does new condition mean, something is either new or it isn't? so if it is used then it doesn't hold the same value as a new product.

second you are talking about a bundle, not a RETAIL 360, and to date, to my knowledge no RETAIL 360 has come with two controllers or any of the things i mentioned, that wasn't a promo bundle

the discussion isn't about what you bought from your buddy or ebay we are talking the RETAIL market.

plus the new 60gb 360 will be the same or more than the 20gb is now, still no real price drop.

So buying it from a retail chain with all of those things doesn't count because of semantics? Ok.

Back