X99 with the least amount of issues?

sMiLeYz

Limp Gawd
I've been through the Gigabyte Gaming G1, and the ASUS X99 deluxe. Now I'm looking for a trouble free X99 board.

This most recent Gigabyte board has issues with RAM running over 2400 and having USB 3.0 slots plugged in during booting up to Windows 8.1 it's been giving me a fit. Updated to latest bios, no still no dice.

Now I'm just looking for something stable and relatively feature-rich. Any suggestions would help.

Would definitely recommend the ASRock X99X Killer. Extremely strong voltage regulation and overclockability, both for CPU and RAM.

I'm able to run my 5820k @ 4.7ghz stable with 3000mhz RAM, or 2666mhz @ CL11. No funny business with rebooting or cmos clearing, the custom profiles remain saved even through a CMOS reset.

Has effective passive heatpipes for chipsets, vast amount of ports, and a rock-solid detailed UEFI with great fixed/adaptive voltage settings for nearly every type.

hmm i might have to check that out...

can it do 2x SLI at 16x/16x each?

hmm i might have to check that out...

can it do 2x SLI at 16x/16x each?

Yes, provided that you use a CPU with 32-lane access (I see in your sig that you do). It will do 16/16/8 in 3-way mode, but comparisons show that even 16/8/8 setups have a negligible performance loss.

Back