X850XT -> 7800GT worth it?

Calibur

Gawd
Just wanting to know what kind of performance increase I may see if I upgrade. I was thinking about going to the 7800GT by EVGA then doing Step-up for a DX10 card mid next year....

1. You won't notice a jaw dropping difference fps in your games. If you really want HDR, then go ahead. You might as well pick up a 7900GT though since they are really cheap after rebate (see hot deals section)

2. You don't have till mid next year to do a step up:

"Terms and Conditions
* The EVGA Step-up™ Program is available to all EVGA graphics card customers who are within 90 days of their original purchase date (based upon their invoice date). Customers who received their EVGA graphics card as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list."

dont waste your money on a 7800gt theres no difference at all. your best off selling the x850xt now why it still has a decent value and buy a cheap card and i mean cheap as in mabye pci lol. then just buy a dx10 when released.

g80 is supposed to arrive mid nov. i might suggest an evga 7900gto if you can find one

around 250usd from a reputable etailer. otherwise get a evga 7900gs in the 200usd range or

a evga 7950gt in the 300usd range. always from reputable etailer like the egg or

zipzoomfly. hope this helps.

If you are willing to splurge the cash until the DX10 cards come out then wait. However if you dont want to spend oodles of cash when DX10 cards comes out, get the 7800/7900 and wait around for a time you will really need DX10 capable cards.

For example, i dont want to spend mounds of cash on DX10 hardware, so i got the X1950XTX as a filler until a refresh from NV comes out or R600.

Keep the X850xtpe... if you really need the extra boost.

Buy something that is worthwhile while you wait it out for DX10 cards to mature and refreshes next year, then pounce on it.

Such as ones people already recommended..... 7900gt's 7900gto's etc.... IMO 7800gt is a small step up in performance.

Back