x800XL's 256mb PCI-E for $250

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
Two places to go:

MonarchComputer for a Connect3D x800XL OEM. Free shipping, 90 day monarch warranty, 2 year manufacturer warranty.

or

BestBuy for an ATi x800XL for $270. But there's a coupon at Bens Bargains for $20 off. All you have to do is scroll down a bit to find the link (can't link to the coupon for some reason). :confused:

BestBuy coupon 10% off (Offer valid June 30 – July 4, 2005 IN STORE ONLY)
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/external/emailpdf/10_off_preJuly4CPN_RZ.PDF

I don't see a $20 off coupon on their site... though 10% of $270 is better than $20.

The whole idea behind the Best Buy one involves using the $10 off every $100 online only coupon. Therefore, you have to add $30 worth of filler stuff. I'm sure you could find $30 worth of stuff you'd buy at Best Buy, no problem. Then use the $10 off every $100 to get $30 off. This makes the card, in theory, $250 and you're paying for $30 worth of other things you'd like.

I'd suggest a couple of games to add in if you're never played them. Chronicles of Riddick (A MUST), Far Cry, etc.

Link for the $10 off every $100 coupon

You can buy the Connect3D X800XL for $250 at Monarch for some time now, which is OEM, but I've heard that it runs chips at 1000mhz stock and ATI does 980, not a big difference. It's nice to get a retail card for $250, so I'd say yes, it is a good deal.

Make sure you have PCI-Express though!

What extra stuff do you get with the retail version? besides the box itself.

Typically a game or 2, a manual, some DVD player software, and thats about it.

Monarch one just came today - "retail" box (color box, markings, etc.) w/ cables + connectors.

EXreaction said:
To bad no agp for that price. :(

Bah! AGP prices are already lower for other cards. Nothing worse than seeing countless hot deals on cards that won't work in your mobo. :(

drizzt81 said:
are these good deals?

Good. Fairly warm, not hot.

Newegg has PCI-E x800XL's for $280+ Then CompUSA has one for $270, so I say these are pretty good deals. :)

seigejet said:
Just picked one up the other day :( , thanks though.

How much did you pay? *cringes*

sorry but you can't use that 10% coupon becuase its in store only, and it says not available in store. Could have been a very hot deal as i have $55 in bestbuy giftcards. Damn...so close

been thinking about getting one of these.. hmm i might go monarch for its reviews though.. just not oem,,

Aw damn. BestBuy kicked the price back up to $300. Scratch that one fellas. :mad:

I recieved one of these today, it apparantly isn't a white box oem unless I got lucky (like others are reporting).

...its the same box as on connect3d's site, manual, driver cd, and all cables...can't wait to get it up and running.

I ordered this last Saturday, with the rest of my parts. Normally I end up ordering from like 4-5 different online stores to get the best price. This time I got everything from them. 3500 rev E $269 (with hs/f), DFI nf4 -d $115, ocv 1gig (2x512MB) $99, x800xl 249 plus 5.90 total shipping $737 I noticed it's cheaper to order the parts than a combo. Any one else agree?

Got mine from Monarch this week also. Looks like retail box with cables, adapter, etc. Runs pretty hot but performance is awesome coming from a 9800 Pro.

-pickles

If you have been contemplating that monarch card I would get it ASAP. On the 30th they updated pricewatch to show a price of $280 although their site still shows it at $250. One of them is wrong, but I got my order in just now in case it changes for the worst.

yea if i wasn't videocard poor--i would grab one of these. your lucky to find a referb for that .

i have bought a few things from monark over the years--ahha! if i could just win that lotto !! :cool:

Back