X800 XT Extinct?!

BakedGoods

Limp Gawd
*Note: This was previous in the ATI section but has moved here due to more activity. I apologize for any inconvience.

Alright, I want to get an X800, but I heard the XT's aren't being shipped yet?! What's going on? I've heard of a few people getting an XT, where are you guys buying them from? Does anyone know what ATi's ETA is for the worldwide XT release? I know that if it takes too long I'll settle for a Pro but if ANYONE knows where I can buy an X800XT ( that actually has them in stock) I'd greatly appreciate it!! :)

dude its like.......youll nevar see these cards so just give it up and join the idjet train with all the other peabrains like meh!! SIXTYEIGHTHUNDREDULTRA omgomg wOOt wOOty wOOtsicles!!

I appreciate your enthusiasm towards nVidia but please respect my decision to buy an ATi, so again, if you know where I can actually buy a X800 XT that by all means help me out :D

x800xt is basically impossible to find.

Looks like the 6800GT is about to have a shortage too after the doom3 benchmarks, every place online is sold out that isn't charging over $450 for one.

If you want to save 400 dollars, get a x800pro, OC it and wait until the x800xt comes out (if ever :/).

kc, in terms of overclocking. I'm new to OC'ing and am not fimilar with all the procedures. I've turned up the clock rates on my 9800Pro but consistently find artifacts even with the slightest increase. I understand that I need better cooling to OC a 9800Pro, this is something I'm not willing to do. Now with the X800Pro, do you think I could OC and Flash the bios safely without needing the extra cooling?

I would also like to point you guys to this: http://shop.pcconnection.com/web/Sh...duct_id=5114875&SourceID=k15506&cookie_test=1 As far as I can see they do have it in stock, but the one thing that puzzles me is the price. Is $470 normal for a X800XT in the US?

I think some are now getting into compusa's at a price of $500. Just take your chances and check your local store.

I'd be willing to pick one up at that price. But the $40 in sales tax is just too much for something I know I could get much cheaper online.

BakedGoods said:
kc, in terms of overclocking. I'm new to OC'ing and am not fimilar with all the procedures. I've turned up the clock rates on my 9800Pro but consistently find artifacts even with the slightest increase. I understand that I need better cooling to OC a 9800Pro, this is something I'm not willing to do. Now with the X800Pro, do you think I could OC and Flash the bios safely without needing the extra cooling?
Most artifacting is caused by your memory clocks being too high.

So cooling isn't an issue with my 9800Pro? So I'm assuming it's possible to OC a X800 Pro safely without any extra puchasing ( cooling, etc. ) ?

That's odd. The X800-XT is no longer searchable on newegg (under video card chipsets). It was there up until recently. I wonder if they gave up on carrying it?

H

I have a Sapphire X800XT platinum edition For sale. I got it from a friend who works at a local shop. It's OEM but it does have all cable's, driver discs, etc.. I would keep it myself, but I already shelled out big bucks for a 6800ultra. I can send pics as requested. I'll throw in a copy of splinter cell also. $500 shipped to your door.

I think we should all form a big expedition and go all around the world hunting for these missing links. If we turn up a few then we can sell them to the Museum of Ancient History for a large sum of money :).

Indiana Jones: The Search for the Lost X800XT. :D

/action runs off to contact Steven Spielberg

bakedgoods - in all seriousness, you can go over to www.rage3d.com and see the people that have been waiting for months with empty promises of the XT PE to come up. In the US, Best Buy and Compusa are the ATI launch partners. A few have trickled out here and there, with no consistancy. Even the ATI partners like visiontek, etc. cannot get the XT PE's out the door due to their memory fiasco.

At this rate, it will likely not be around for another 2 months or so in volume, and perhaps that is being optimistic considering the amount of people trying to get one. Quite a few have jumped ship because they don't want to wait. These people sold off their current cards before they became worthless, assuming the card would be avail 2 months ago.

If you aren't on fire to get the XT PE, and happy with your current card, you may want to wait it out and see what happens in the fall which is coming up fast. The other option is paying $700-800 on ebay for one.

Pecos said:
Maybe it'll be released with HL2!

Ha!

Better yet, since ATI included HL2 coupons with their 9600XT and 9800XT, Valve should include X800XT PE coupons with Half Life 2. You get to hold on to your coupon and redeem it for an X800XT PE when they actually ever release any lol.

burningrave101 said:
Ha!

Better yet, since ATI included HL2 coupons with their 9600XT and 9800XT, Valve should include X800XT PE coupons with Half Life 2. You get to hold on to your coupon and redeem it for an X800XT PE when they actually ever release any lol.

lol, that's hilarious...free x800xt pe voucher with every HL2

That would be pretty sweet -- redeem my coupon for a free HL2 (before the thing deteriorates from age) and receive another coupon for a free video card. I could live with that.

Back