X800 XL Video In?

carlbme

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok I'm lost. I have a PCIe X800XL (Connect3d) and I wanted to do some video in. I look on the CD that came with it at the manual. It states that all PCIe X800 series do video in. I hook it (Xbox) up how it tells me to and yet I'm still greeted with a message stating that I don't have a video capture device.

I check Ati's site. Parts of it seem to suggest that yep, it does do video in. Other portions of their site seem to stated that it does not.

Connect3d's site is of even less help to me as it just points pretty much everything to ATI's site.

So, does my card have Video In? How do I find out? If so, how do I get it to recognize the video source?

Hey, I just got my X800Xl last week and went through the same thing. They really need to provide more info.

Anyways, I simply plugged my input in, then used ATi Multimedia centre's TV player (then switched it to Composite-In) and voila. Simply hooked up the audio to my motherboards Line in and I was set.

Hope that helps

I can't even get that far. I've installed mmc, wdm, catylast control panel. None of those things come with the video capture driver.

Where do you find the video capture driver?

It's asking for ATI Rage Video Capture driver.

with subsequent install/uninstalls, I can get to the startup screen for the TV function, but I get 'unable to start' in the menu window then it kicks me into PC check.

Back