X800 pro unlockable pipes?

Won't do. The pics don't show vivo plugin and on the back side the rage theater chip is missing.

yeah, has good overclocking capabilities without the extra pipes, just wishful thinking

Thanks for the responses

yea, i wish they wouldnt have lazer cut it, that was a big problem, they laser cut board so that the pipes are COMPLETLEY disabled

That is an absolute killer deal, just make sure you realize that is a PCI-e card, not AGP.

Clarification: The second link posted for the $279 X800 Pro card is PCI-e.

Un4given said:
That is an absolute killer deal, just make sure you realize that is a PCI-e card, not AGP.

Clarification: The second link posted for the $279 X800 Pro card is PCI-e.
Ive read on other forums that the x800pro vivo pcie is usually laser cut - ie cant unlock it without a hard mod. That being said, there are a couple of people on the techpowerup.com forums who have sucessfully hard modded this card. Has anyone on hardforum had any luck?

I just got my X800 Pro within the last 2 months, and didn't really have the funds to spend for the card though I bought it anyway. There is no way I'm going to risk damaging the card to unlock the extra pipes.

With my luck, even if I did try to unlock it I would probably have a card that had a bad pipe and it wouldn't work anyway.

bubblethumper said:
I tried the hard-mod on my X800Pro non-vivo and it didn't work

Non-ViVo's will never mod to XTs.

I'm not sure about the PCIe X800 Pro versions, but if you happen to find an X800 "Pro" with ViVo and the Rage Theater Chip onboard and it's AGP, very good chance it will mod (unless ATi happened to kill that mod with never core revisions :rolleyes:). The memory really shouldn't be an issue if it's still only 2ns.. My X800 Pro w/ 2ns memory broke 1200mhz while a ton others have hit 1000mhz+. The main thing is the pipes!

bubblethumper said:
Come on man, use some common sense. Google "hard mod x800 pro" and you'll find accounts of people doing it successfully.

I said that because more often than not, the hard mods do absolutely nothing on all but the earliest chip revisions. Google only shows me a couple successfull mods and a whole ton of "0mg, i cut my chip and nothing happened!?. Add to that that almost all successful mods of X800 Pro's where because they had 1.6ns ram, ViVo, AND the RTC.

That hard mod stuff is 99% bullshit for the simple reason (now) that ATi has also done a few chip revisions to make hard modding impossible for all but specific X800 Pro's (ViVo, RTC, 1.6ns ram). While you're at it, take a look at the thread dates of those successfull hard mods. They were done right when the R420 was released.

Now apply some common sense to that. :rolleyes:

Edit: This link explains it all. Take notice of the chip revision info. And yet another another informative guide...

Back