X570-E Gaming - Suddenly won't post

BIgBrexit

n00b
Hey guys, Shooting my shot before taking it to the repair shop: After reconnecting my case fans after the RGB on them stopped working, the board stopped booting. I've done pretty much everything including CMOS battery removal, shorting the CMOS pins, bios flashing, swapping PSU's, tearing down the mobo and testing each component and I still can't figure it out.

The RGB on the board itself works, but the LED QCODE's don't and the GPU doesn't light up (I have a 6800xt with internal RGB as well). Would love to hear if anyone has experience with this board and if they were able to get past it. Given it worked and then didn't, my bet is that I shorted it somehow when I reconnected the fans but we'll see.

Thanks to the other posters on here btw, it was useful being able to troubleshoot using the tips discussed in other threads.

I've attached a couple photos of the mobo in case anyone spots something I didnt.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpeg
    IMG_1529.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1534.jpeg
    IMG_1534.jpeg
    513.2 KB · Views: 0
Do the fans and other components power up, or just the lighting on the MB? I assume you've unplugged the fans in question... not even getting an error code? Sounds like you might've fried something. Did you properly ground yourself before working on it?

Do the fans and other components power up, or just the lighting on the MB? I assume you've unplugged the fans in question... not even getting an error code? Sounds like you might've fried something. Did you properly ground yourself before working on it?
No, just the MB. No error code or anything just the RGB lights and that was it. The BIOS flash still works so some of the MB is getting power.

I ended up replacing the MB with a MSI X570 and everything works perfect. So I think it's fried, sure I grounded myself but could've shorted it somehow while testing the fans. Oh well. Appreciate the response!

No, just the MB. No error code or anything just the RGB lights and that was it. The BIOS flash still works so some of the MB is getting power.

I ended up replacing the MB with a MSI X570 and everything works perfect. So I think it's fried, sure I grounded myself but could've shorted it somehow while testing the fans. Oh well. Appreciate the response!

Well, that's a sure way to fix it, lol. Glad it worked out.

Back