x1950xtx overclocking - what have you managed to reach?

tisb0b

[H] Pirate
So what kind of overclocks have people been getting?

I managed to get 695 core and 1098 mem running Ati Overdrive and shit the extra 200 mhz on the mem has made a difference in my fps running CoH at 1440x900 everything max.

for stock cooling thats a good overclock but im certain the card can do more,

i've seen a few guys hitting as high as 770mhz on the gpu but im sure it wasnt done with stock cooling ,

i used to have a x1900xt that would overclock to 730mhz stable on water,

im also getting a x1950xtx in a day or two,

ill let you know how hight it OC on water,

Well, I kept the stock speed setting on the fan which only goes up to 56% on load at about 83ºC on the core. It also idles at about 12%.

Keeping that setting I got the core up to about 680Mhz and the memory to 1030. It was pretty craptacular but I would probably achieve better speeds with the fan on 100%. It's just way to loud at that percentage to even think about leaving there all the time.

Mine OCed to 695/1098 in overdrive. I haven't bothered overclocking it higher in ATItool or anything. Pretty happy with current performance.

Slap some water cooling onto that thing and let it really shine.

I was able to get my x1900XTX to 783 core and 900 memory, absolutely stable at 40C full load.

It has more in it but I am content with my results.

s_s256 said:
Slap some water cooling onto that thing and let it really shine.

I was able to get my x1900XTX to 783 core and 900 memory, absolutely stable at 40C full load.

It has more in it but I am content with my results.

How powerful of a water cooling system do you have and what do you have in your loop? Im just wondering because I'm thinking of going water cooling and I'm afraid that if i add the X1950 into a loop with my CPU then my temperatures will go up and i wont be able to OC either very well.

Endurancevm said:
How powerful of a water cooling system do you have and what do you have in your loop? Im just wondering because I'm thinking of going water cooling and I'm afraid that if i add the X1950 into a loop with my CPU then my temperatures will go up and i wont be able to OC either very well.
Apparently an MCW-60. However I am impressed by the low temps. I have the same block and my load temps are around 46C, which "stock 3d" voltage at stock speeds. I guess my mount is aweful?

Back