x1800xt cards in stock at CompUSA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andross182

Gawd
so i just rolled into work and about spit my soda all over my tech counter, there in a box sat 5 x1800xt video cards...i think its time that Kyle or Brent pick one of these RETAIL cards up and show us some overclocking results! ;)

Just called my CompUSA, and they guy said he has some there too. Says he now has 2, and has sold a few. Knox, TN.

Andross182 said:
i think its time that Kyle or Brent pick one of these RETAIL cards up and show us some overclocking results! ;)

give me about 30 minutes to install my X1800XT and reformat and I'll do just that.

ozziegn said:
^ I'll probably use ATi Tool.

did they update ati tool? i was under the impression that there wasnt a program out there that could overclock the cards....interesting

Andross182 said:
did they update ati tool? i was under the impression that there wasnt a program out there that could overclock the cards....interesting

I wouldnt have a clue. I didnt know that ATi Tool couldnt O/C the X1800 series cards?

oh well....

ozziegn said:
I wouldnt have a clue. I didnt know that ATi Tool couldnt O/C the X1800 series cards?

oh well....

the program that sir random posted a link to should do it. i tried using it and it said it couldnt detect any r5xx chipset cards

okay, I've hit wall #1 with my X1800XT.

what freakin' drivers do I install with this $600 freakin' paperweight?

I tried the 5.10s from ATi's site and I got some kind of INF installation error.

Jesus, nothing like plunking down 600 boners only to get a bunch of horsesh*t. :mad:

Look for ATi driver 8.183
I downloaded it from some german website.
It's the cat 5/11 betas with open gl fixes.
And then download the overclocker program from driverheaven

5.10 isn't for the x1000 series IIRC, use 5.10a or 5.9

edit:

There are no 5.11s yet. I search just about every day hoping for some leaked drivers.

ozziegn said:
okay, I've hit wall #1 with my X1800XT.

what freakin' drivers do I install with this $600 freakin' paperweight?

I tried the 5.10s from ATi's site and I got some kind of INF installation error.

Jesus, nothing like plunking down 600 boners only to get a bunch of horsesh*t. :mad:
MooseEdit: If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all...

The general thought of this post was... Use the Driver CD that came with the card.

Bar81 said:
Some random rudeness that Moose deleted.

MooseEdit: No Namecalling!

I freakin' tried the damn drivers on the CD and I'm still getting the same horsesh*t as before.

MooseEdit: He is right....you should listen to this one. :D

Insulting other posters in the most moderated subforum isn't the best idea.

To those with the X1800Xt's, post some pr0n pics of the cards. :D

When the absolute fastest ones from the manufacturer's site don't go like you want to, I believe it'd be common sense to try the drivers supplied with the card. You didn't even think to do that, until someone mentioned it.

I don't really think that'd be a fair argument, seeing as how I've only really installed one card. (Other system that I've had were preinstalled with everything) I did use the drivers supplied with the card, but if I remember correctly, I had no internet. Even if I did though, I still would've used the supplied drivers. Seeing as I just got a new card, that was much better than the last one, I wanted to get into the games as soon as possible.

Devnull said:
I never use the supplied drivers on the CD unless they're the only ones available at the time. What's with the sudden surge of nooblars disrepecting vets?

respect should be given to everyone unless they have done something to not deserve it

Being a noob or a veteran has no bearing on the matter

i know this may be a dumb ? and i read the whole thread, but is the r520 cards/x1800xt cards out? i haven't been up to date in gpu market. if so, pics from owners?

TheJackal said:
i know this may be a dumb ? and i read the whole thread, but is the r520 cards/x1800xt cards out? i haven't been up to date in gpu market. if so, pics from owners?

yes

Before this goes any further....think before you post.

Many of you have earned a warning on your account and are close to getting a vacation.

The name calling, flaming, off-topic posting and general rudeness to each other stops NOW!

It seems that some of you have had a lapse in judgement....refresh yourself and look over the RULES

^ if I was one of the ones who you were refering to as being rude then I apologize. I was already having a bad day and then I spent $600 on something that wouldnt work right at first. but I've since then had a good nite's sleep and I took some advice from someone earlier and I think all is okay (for now).

check over at xtremesystems forum .. i know a bunch of guys over there have 5.11 or wutever drivers and newer atitool . check under the 3d forum

This thread is an absolute trainwreck. About a dozen posts in this thread have been deleted, and a few more have been editied. As far as I'm concerned, the party is over. We have a sticky talking about X1800XT availability, you are welcome to look there if you are curious about where you may find one, and this thread is no big loss. Do we need to start handing out no questions asked vacations again? The Banhammer is whispering in our ears for blood, and if this keeps up, even the Banhammer's thirst may be slaked.
Code:
                 /          \ |      TROLLS       |
                /      \     \|___________________|
               /   _    \     \      ||
              /    |\____\     \     ||
             /     | | | |\____/     ||
            /       \|_|_|/   |     _||
           /  /  \            |____| ||
          /   |   |           |      --|
          |   |   |           |____  --|
   * _    |  |_|_|_|          |     \-/
*-- _--\ _ \                  |      ||