X-FI, VISTA, and fully functional Creative Software

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
http://tinyurl.com/3b26ca

Don't know if any of you have tried this but I did (uninstall creative x-fi software, burn the PAX iso and install from the audio folder on that) and the sound quality and fully functionality of creatives software is available on VISTA!

The sound is alot better than the rigged up software console available for vista from creative labs at the moment. I didn't use the drivers included in the ISO (just deselect the drivers); install the latest drivers from creative first, then install from the iso the software you want.

Just a word up since I haven't seen anyone mention this and I really like it ALOT.

W3rd

So...what's the difference between these drivers and the actual Vista drivers that Creative released for the X-Fi?

So...what's the difference between these drivers and the actual Vista drivers that Creative released for the X-Fi?

Creative have only released bare drivers for Vista.

The YouP-Pax deal is almost the entire software suite made to install and run on Vista. Most notably the audio console launcher and THX console wizards.

whats the best way to uninstall creative drivers in vista?

All I did was uninstall the creative console, then uninstalled anything else that looked like it was part of the X-fi (drivers). Then INSTALL latest drivers, then install from the ISO what you want. Make sure you uncheck the drivers from the ISO if you do it this way.

The only 'bug' to using the latest drivers like this is that the speaker choice will be blank in game mode, but you can see by hitting the THX setup or by going into the bare console that your speaker choice is still working it's just not configuarable from the game mode (blue console) interface. Doesn't make any difference in the end. If this really bothers you for some reason you can use the older drivers on the ISO but I wouldn't.

Everything else works perfect and as I've said before I think the sound quality is alot better with these for some reason, seems like I've got my old X-fi card back

Back