X-fi Microphone problem

qtqc

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone. Im trying to get my headset to work with my X-fi PCIe Titanium under Vista. I cant figure out how to configure it to work. I cant find anything in the creative software and in the Sound settings. In the sound setting under recording the Line-In says working. I have tried everything, anyone know what the problem is? Thanks in advance

I use a mic just fine...I'm even using the jacks on my case since the Titanium has an Intel HD Audio-compatible connector on the card.

Make sure you have the jack set to be Microphone and not Line-In. Un-mute the microphone volumes everywhere you find them too.

Sorry qtqc, I thought you were talking about the X-FI Prelude.

As -=Antimatter=- stated, using Creative X-FI you shouldn't have any problems.

Where can I switch tot the microphone and not the line in? I have looked everywhere

If you double click the creative volume control in the taskbar, you'll get something like this (note: I'm in game mode for these, there should be something similar in the others too)

33pbl89.png

Check the volume levels here to make sure that the mic isn't muted. Line-in-1/mic is the jack on the back of the card, and Microphone FP is the front panel mic if you have it hooked up.

If you click the "settings" button, you'll see this:
168yexg.png

Make sure it has microphone checked and not line-in.

Also, check Control Panel --> Sounds

9bm2px.png

Back