StryderxX

[H]ard|Gawd
I know Apple doesn't usually show new hardware at WWDC but I'm hoping they show the new Macbook Pros. My MBP is due for an upgrade.

They flew through watchOS and tvOS and macOS that I thought there would be something, but with the iOS 10 presentation taking so long, I'm losing hope.

No hardware, but there have been too many leaks recently. Something is coming soon.

Most interesting to me is the Swift Sandbox for the iPad. This is the groundwork for developing iOS apps directly on iOS and a baby step toward the eventual retirement of the Mac ecosystem.

No hardware, but there have been too many leaks recently. Something is coming soon.

Most interesting to me is the Swift Sandbox for the iPad. This is the groundwork for developing iOS apps directly on iOS and a baby step toward the eventual retirement of the Mac ecosystem.

Doubt it. They both provide fundamentally different things.

There are just so much that you cannot do on iOS no matter how powerful it gets.

One is that most developer using Mac to code for web, mobile, and other things. Especially dealing with compiler related things, SDK, and toolkits just not in anyway possible with iOS.

Doubt it. They both provide fundamentally different things.

There are just so much that you cannot do on iOS no matter how powerful it gets.

One is that most developer using Mac to code for web, mobile, and other things. Especially dealing with compiler related things, SDK, and toolkits just not in anyway possible with iOS.

It's many years away. Apple still has to move all of the other Pro sectors over, but actually building iOS apps natively on an iOS device takes several generations of software and hardware to prep for.

What I don't get are the the folks who genuinely expected new hardware (not the OP). It's a developer conference, not a candy store. Apple certainly has introduced hardware at WWDC, but it's not guaranteed.

Besides, people seemed to forget that Intel's Kaby Lake doesn't show until later this year, so Apple wasn't going to have the necessary parts for a new MBP at WWDC. Apple may prefer to control its own destiny whenever possible, but it's still tied to Intel's schedule when it comes to Macs.

Copy/paste and picture in picture are the coolest things I saw that I can recall right now. Was really excited to see the PiP demo. Been wanting that for a long time, especially on my windows machine. I always figured there was probably a way I could do it, but never really looked into it. Glad Apple is bringing it to macOS.

Also, I missed the demo for it I guess but I've heard about the 'wake alarm' app. Sounds good.

Tried out the Sierra preview earlier today, not too impressed but then again it is in development - I'd consider it an alpha at this point (Apple apparently prefers to use the word "preview" instead for some reason). Not a big revision so far, it does have some features people have wondered about like Siri (no use for it) and the Universal Clipboard thing, and the Auto Unlock just screams "security breach" regardless of how they spin it, maybe I'm just jaded these days knowing that it'll end up being a big problem sooner rather than later.

I'm sure it'll shape up pretty quickly as time passes and the Apple minions grind that code out a character at a time. ;)

there is one thing that raises an issue with me. The HOME features. You can setup a GEO Fence that unlocks your house when your phone is at your residence and if you don't have a GEO Fence, and you have a garage door opener attached to the HOME devices, you can open it without unlocking your phone since it is on the control panel when you swipe up then swipe left on a locked phone.
That doesn't seem too bad, but your can ask Siri for directions to your home if you happen to have your address in your phone, without unlocking the device.

Back