WTT - Your iPod 5.5G (dead HD/battery etc) for my working iPod 5G 30Gb

jw2k_fr

Limp Gawd
So...

I recently bought a 120Gb hard drive to upgrade my iPod video, only to find that my iPod is a 5th Gen as opposed to a 5.5Gen (which is necessary for the drive I bought).

I would like to hear from anyone with a 5.5Gen iPod video (with a dead hard drive) who would be happy to 'downgrade' to a 5th Gen iPod video with a fully working 30Gb drive. As I understand it, the only real difference is the search option which was introduced on the main menu of the 5.5Gen models.

My iPod is white, has a battery which is good for around 5 hours of continuous play. The front face is in good condition (I would rate it a 7 out of 10). I don't care whether your is a 30Gb or bigger (I will be replacing the rear case), but the logic board must work faultlessly and the LCD must be undamaged.

Here is how to tell which model of iPod you have:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/faqs/answers/what-are-the-differences-between-all-the-ipod-models/

I am looking for a 5th Generation (enhanced) model which will recognise my 120Gb HD AND NO OTHER GENERATION - not a classic, not a 4th Gen or lower.

Let me know if you are interested, either by PM or posting here. Any and all bumps appreciated.

Back