WTB: Windows 10 Key (disc if available)

Nasgul

n00b
So, I downloaded Windows 10 64-bit for a friend's PC but I need the key to activate it and this is a built as a Christmas for him and his family and I need it ASAP.

Does anybody have one extra key no longer in use or need?

Most folks here won't have a Windows 10 key since they did the upgrade path since it is dirt cheap. The upgrade path can lead to a "clean" installation after the first run.

1) Buy a Windows 7 Pro key from [Ion] = Link
2) Install Windows 7 Pro and use the upgrade feature to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Let it finish and activate.
3) Download and install Windows 10 Installation onto USB from media creation tool. (It would be a good idea to jump start on this early. It takes a while)
4) Install a "clean" Windows 10 and when prompt for a key, select "activate later".
5) Once you go online for the first time, Microsoft will attempt to activate and will activate base on the hardware.

From then onwards, if your friend ever needs to reinstall Windows 10 then he/she can just do a straight Windows 10 installation.

All my Windows 10 systems don't have "keys" exactly anymore since they activate base on their hardware when I re-do a clean install.

Edit:

Actually there is a user that does sell Windows 10 keys here.

Link

Back