WTB: Unreal Tournament 2004 SE

Hey -

Im looking for a copy of unreal tournament 2004 special edition, i dont care if its been opened or anything....I just dont want the stupid 6 CD set, as that is retarded. I am willing to pay premium for it.

Any takers?

Email: Spam At Nulled Dot Us
AIM: Hydrocodone HCL

check out amazon.com.
some is selling multiple copys there for a "premium".
if you really gotta have it...

Originally posted by OwnageByRadeon
Hey -

Im looking for a copy of unreal tournament 2004 special edition, i dont care if its been opened or anything....I just dont want the stupid 6 CD set, as that is retarded. I am willing to pay premium for it.

Any takers?

Email: Spam At Nulled Dot Us
AIM: Hydrocodone HCL

If you can't find it. Just buy the normal 6CD version and (if you don't have a DVD burner) have someone combine the cds and burn it on a DVD. That's how it seems to be on the original DVD. Folders CD1-CD6. With the install executables on the root.

Originally posted by enyceexdanny
If you can't find it. Just buy the normal 6CD version and (if you don't have a DVD burner) have someone combine the cds and burn it on a DVD. That's how it seems to be on the original DVD. Folders CD1-CD6. With the install executables on the root.
that's what I ended up doing with my ut2k3 version.
It still didn't play off the dvd though.
I had to use the original cd's like normal, after installation.

wow wallmarts, Im suprised, Ive checked 3 wallmarts and none have had either the dvd se or the regular 6 cd edition, how much did you pay?

hey i tried to back it up [so i don't scratch the org. disk] and it is protected by securerom* it is a bitch to get past:(

best buy has em, for 29.99!!! my local one is sold out though, so I got a raincheck, cuz theyre going up to the regular $39.99 price in a week or so

Yeah, don't forget rainchecks folks. Unless otherwise stated in their ad, any store should honor rainchecks. And usually, they will call you when they get them in stock.

Originally posted by Damaedge
best buy has em, for 29.99!!! my local one is sold out though, so I got a raincheck, cuz theyre going up to the regular $39.99 price in a week or so

Don't think that raincheck is going to do any good though... I don't think there are going to be any more SE boxes.

They can't be making that much off the special edition to begin with... most people will send in the rebate, the cost of the headset (retails for $20? Let's say it costs $3 to put one in each box) the metal box, packaging, plus the game itself. Let's say the extras cost $6 (metal box, headphones, paying for the editing/shooting of the extra DVD, packaging, the media). The price of the actual game software is now $23.

Let's say the B&M store gets half as their cut. The publisher sees $16.50. Of this, let's say $10 makes its way to infogames. Conservative numbers, I think EGM or Gamepro or PC Gamer or something cuts everything up into a pie chart showing how much of your gaming dollar goes where...

That, and it wouldn't be much of a special edition if there was a million copies floating about.

Anyways, my friend didn't jump in on the deal and couldn't find a place to pre-order on Tuesday. I thought of the most obscure software place I could... Egghead Software. He pre-ordered his there. Not sure if he got it, since he left for vacation, but they did say they had em in stock a few days ago.

well, the raincheck was worth a try. The manager at Best Buy that gave it to me said he was sure that they were getting more in next week, and the raincheck definately states special edition, so Im gonna be hella pissed if they dont have one for me.

I've got a copy.. just opened the big metal box, the dvds are still sealed

if youre interested drop me a line: alex NOSPAM @ almani.net with an offer and I'll see if its worth it.

(you know what to do with the NOSPAM...)

Fry's has the UT2004SE DVD for $39.99 - $10MIR = $29.99, but the $10 UPGRADE MIR requires that you show proof of a UT2003 purchase!? WTF?

i'll be hitting bb for a raincheck on the se edition in the morning.
Might as well give it a try.

Originally posted by five-by-five
Fry's has the UT2004SE DVD for $39.99 - $10MIR = $29.99, but the $10 UPGRADE MIR requires that you show proof of a UT2003 purchase!? WTF?
hmm..i'll have to give them a call, don't they offer price matching?

Originally posted by ciscokid454
hmm..i'll have to give them a call, don't they offer price matching?

....hummmm.... if you can find a store in the area with a lower price and has it instock then yes.... you might be on to something here....

....anybody have their UT2003 purchase reciept that I can make a copy of?! ;)

Best Buy wont give rain checks on the SE.. I already tried (if you look at the ad, right under it in super small print it says no rain checks)

I havent checked the ad, but I have sitting right in front of me, a raincheck for a copy. Ill let everyone know if it works out

Back