WTB: Theranos Edison

erek

[H]F Junkie
Looking to purchase the rare Theranos Edison engineering sample or prototype unit

$250 shipped, willing n able to negotiate my asking price

1696526970807.jpeg

since this is a US based forum and 90% of users are in the US and that unit was never sold in the US, i'd look on ebay....

That ad looks like it was placed by a mindless drone that believed all the companies bullshit.
Surely since the devices were fake...you could just build one

It would be fun to tinker with one of these for kicks - if they were dirt cheap. Expectations should be set to zero though. It's a novelty item or a museum piece (if we're being really charitable). I watched a few videos on these back when Theranos first imploded, the Edison couldn't match any of the ambitious claims, often ruined or cross-contaminated samples, AND mechanical parts easily broke.

its still fake
It would be fun to tinker with one of these for kicks - if they were dirt cheap. Expectations should be set to zero though. It's a novelty item or a museum piece (if we're being really charitable). I watched a few videos on these back when Theranos first imploded, the Edison couldn't match any of the ambitious claims, often ruined or cross-contaminated samples, AND mechanical parts easily broke.
i am curious if they got confiscated as part of any RAIDs or investigations

trying to google now

1696640751036.png

"As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, the fate of Theranos' Edison and MiniLab devices was not extensively documented in publicly available sources. However, I can provide some context based on what was known up to that point:

1. Regulatory Issues: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had revoked its regulatory clearance for the MiniLab device due to concerns about the accuracy and reliability of Theranos' blood-testing technology. This meant that Theranos could not use the MiniLab for clinical testing without resolving these regulatory issues.
  2. Legal Troubles: Theranos and its founder, Elizabeth Holmes, faced legal actions and investigations. Elizabeth Holmes was indicted on criminal charges related to fraud and conspiracy. The legal proceedings were ongoing as of September 2021.
  3. Company Dissolution: By that time, Theranos had faced significant financial and reputational challenges. The company had already laid off a significant portion of its workforce, and its reputation was tarnished.
Given the regulatory and legal issues surrounding Theranos, it's possible that the devices were no longer in use for their intended purposes. However, I do not have information beyond September 2021, and the situation may have evolved since then. For the most current information on the status of Theranos and its devices, I recommend checking recent news reports or official statements from relevant authorities."

in the event you actually find some I would love to have one as well, maybe turn it into a bread maker

Back