WTB: Single Slot GPU for HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
My trusty old 5570 just died. Looking for the same or better. Needs to be single slot cooler as well as bracket and use only the pci slot power. Shipping will be to Hawaii, so local to Oahu or able to figure out how small flat rate boxes work is a plus. Let me know what you have! Heat is under ekuest. Thanks.

I have a single slot GT240 if your interested. It doesn't need any PCIe power from the power supply and compares fairly close to the 5570 as seen here:

http://www.hwcompare.com/196/geforce-gt-240-gddr5-vs-radeon-hd-5570/

Some things better some worse. With the memory bandwidth being a bit better I would imagine that it would do 1080 video playback a little better than the 5570

There is also tons of articles online that the GT240 was always a great overclocker that would most likely push it past the performance of the 5570

I would probably do $40 shipped and insured via USPS Priority for ya.

I have a single slot GT240 if your interested. It doesn't need any PCIe power from the power supply and compares fairly close to the 5570 as seen here:

http://www.hwcompare.com/196/geforce-gt-240-gddr5-vs-radeon-hd-5570/

Some things better some worse. With the memory bandwidth being a bit better I would imagine that it would do 1080 video playback a little better than the 5570

There is also tons of articles online that the GT240 was always a great overclocker that would most likely push it past the performance of the 5570

I would probably do $40 shipped and insured via USPS Priority for ya.

i think i'd like something with a bit lower power consumption, sorry. also looking for slightly more gaming performance than that since i use my htpc for steam big picture too.

Evga Gtx 690 with backplate?

haha yes! no power connectors, single-slot, good low-power performance... no wait it has none of those. :p

Last edited:
Yep I understand ya man.

Well then, bump for the cause! :p

Come on good [H] members, lets find this nice member a good deal on a card!

i did have offers for a 6570 and a 7750 so far, but i'm looking for more. :) thinking a 5570 equivalent isnt gonna cut it this time, and the 7750 offer is looking pretty good except for the price. we shall see. thanks for the offer though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back