WTB: RAT 7 or 9 on the cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wine

Limp Gawd
As the title says, wanting to buy a rat for relatively low price.

Looking for a mouse to have a spot for my pinky to stop sliding around the mouse pad and to maybe stop holding it at an angle with its adjust-ability.

Let me know what you have and what we can work out.

Cut it off?

LOL

Seriously though I thought the same thing with mine. With my larger sized hand and long skinny fingers it doesn't work so well. The channeled pinky rest was a PITA and didn't fit me correctly. If they made that adjustable also where it would move in and out and forward and backward it would be much better.

My suggestion to you is find someone local that has one and try theirs out or if you have a Frys near you go open the box and try it on for size before you pull the trigger. Whether you go used here or elsewhere or end up going new you will more then likely wish you did first.

I ended up using the rubber gripped part and it tends to hold my pinky on the mouse and is much more relaxing/comfortable then the pinky rest. Ultimately I would say get a gaming mouse that has the contour to hold your pinky vs the R.A.T.

YMMV though on the whole pinky rest just my experiences.

I've been using a Razer copperhead for gaming and general use for at least 4 or 5 years now and have had to repair the clicking issue that model gets, also use a wireless Logitech mouse with a thumb groove on the side, which I really like, for my laptop. Using hard mouse pads for both.

I unfortunately don't have a Fry's anywhere nearby and don't know anyone not using a basic mouse, so getting a "hands on" experience is a bit difficult. I might be able to fabricate extra bits to a rat's mounting points if needed and I could live with it if the price is right. Trying not to spend too much more than what I'd gotten my recent keyboard for.

I loved my RAT 9, i sold it off to get a naga for MMO purpose's. just FYI, the RAT 9 battery dies FAST. sometimes have to replace it twice a day. Thankfully they include 2 batteries

I am leaning more towards the RAT 7 tho either would be fine, or even both. Someone could maybe have them tucked away in a closet or drawer collecting dust, I would be happy to give them life again, partner it with my new SteelSeries keyboard that I got for a nice $25.

Morning bump.

Looks like I missed the rat bus, seen some pretty good prices but all sold from days of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back