WTB: Plasma TV with Stereoscopic 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameLifter

Gawd
I'm looking for a plasma TV that can do stereoscopic 3D from either Panasonic or Samsung. I can pick it up if it's in the Huntsville, AL or Nashville, TN area. I can pay to have it shipped too if the final price is reasonable. The size I'm looking for is 50-55" with no burn-in or defective pixels. If you have one and want to get rid of it let me know!

I have a Panasonic GT50 that I might sell and ship for a decent price. I believe I have the original box. Make me an offer. The tv still has an outstanding picture and is in use.

I have a Panasonic GT50 that I might sell and ship for a decent price. I believe I have the original box. Make me an offer. The tv still has an outstanding picture and is in use.

I'm very interested. Did it come with the 3D glasses? Does it have any burn-in or defective pixels? How many hours has it been used (if it keeps track)?

Why plasma? Just curious, I have an LCD stereoscopic tv that uses passive glasses so I don't have to pay rediculous prices for a pair. Works well, didn't know plasma was a big thing for this so more curiosity than anything.

Why plasma? Just curious, I have an LCD stereoscopic tv that uses passive glasses so I don't have to pay rediculous prices for a pair. Works well, didn't know plasma was a big thing for this so more curiosity than anything.

I'm wanting another display that can do 3D since I will be replacing my OLED C6 this year with a CX which can't do 3D. As for why I want the new display to be a plasma, it's because even by today's standards they have deep black levels and great colors. They also have great motion clarity that other modern displays haven't been able to replicate. I currently have a lower end Samsung plasma in my bedroom that has a solid picture overall but the panel quality isn't the best with uniformity issues, one defective pixel, and is very susceptible to image retention and potentially permanent burn-in. This is another reason I'm looking for a good plasma, so I can experience the display type in all its glory.

I never used the 3d option so there are no glasses. It was our primary TV for a few years. Now my wife watches it for about 30 minutes, every night, prior to going to bed. It is in extremely good condition. I couldn't find anything dealing with hours. Make an offer, via pm, if you are interested.

I'm wanting another display that can do 3D since I will be replacing my OLED C6 this year with a CX which can't do 3D. As for why I want the new display to be a plasma, it's because even by today's standards they have deep black levels and great colors. They also have great motion clarity that other modern displays haven't been able to replicate. I currently have a lower end Samsung plasma in my bedroom that has a solid picture overall but the panel quality isn't the best with uniformity issues, one defective pixel, and is very susceptible to image retention and potentially permanent burn-in. This is another reason I'm looking for a good plasma, so I can experience the display type in all its glory.
Sounds good, was just wondering what I was missing out on honestly. My Samsung 65" curved 4k has a few pixels that stay white.... Talk about annoying, esp finally in dark scenes. Funny non of my off brands have had issues, last Samsung TV I buy (not just for that, things like it can't remember to stay connected to my sound bar, you have to go into settings each time you power on the TV to set it, and other similar BS).

Sounds good, was just wondering what I was missing out on honestly. My Samsung 65" curved 4k has a few pixels that stay white.... Talk about annoying, esp finally in dark scenes. Funny non of my off brands have had issues, last Samsung TV I buy (not just for that, things like it can't remember to stay connected to my sound bar, you have to go into settings each time you power on the TV to set it, and other similar BS).

Sorry to hear that. Samsung is usually a good brand but any display can have defects and imperfections. The OLED C6 I have in the living room is a curved screen and the curve is kind of neat but I prefer flat screens.

Yeah, I'm more annoyed at the lack of it remembering my audio settings than the dead pixels... That would be a really simple software thing to save that setting along with the others it can save. I called tech support they said it's not going to be a feature... Like saving my last settings has been a feature in everything since forever.

bump. Now looking for one again. Preferably a 2012 or 2013 model at 50-55" but I'd be willing to buy a larger model as well.

Last edited:
Greetings neighbor! :) I don't know if a plasma commercial display can do the job, but if it can, NEC makes some solid displays for that niche that would probably be excellent for what you want. Here's one that's not too much further than Nashville:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Plasma...d8f41c18e:g:J5QAAOSwdAJdKS38&autorefresh=true

I'm looking for one that supports stereoscopic 3D and unfortunately that one doesn't support it. I appreciate you showing me it though. If you happen to know of anyone in the area who might have one that is willing to sell it let me know.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back