WTB: Old used Parts for use in my First Build

Egg242

Limp Gawd
THIS IS NOT MENT TO BE A SOB STORY

I want to purchase some parts to build my first computer. To make a long story short I am 15 and up until 4-5 months ago I thought that a $500 dell computer was awesome. You know those 2.6ghz for cheap deals? Well after lots of time on this board I have become more and more interested in the subject and now think I am ready to build my first complete system. This is where I hit the bump in the road. Dad was laid off over 9 months ago and money has been tight ever since. Too young to get a job, too old to sell lemonade kinda thing.

Lately I have descovered the wonders of eBay and have $32 bucks after 3 sales. I have alot more pending and will have about $100 in the coming week.

I am looking to purchase all the components for a computer and was wondering if anyone has parts that I could pay minimal to no fees for. I could problly do shipping, or pay you some money. Dont feel sorry for me though, I can keep saving if this dosnt work now. Think of it as hand me downs?

I will probly just use it for web surfing/mp3's , but server would be really cool.

Things I need:

Case/PSU - I might end up doing a $30 case psu combo on newegg
Proc - well amd is cheaper so tbird?
Mobo - whatever matches the proc
Hd - Whatever is available, I want to do mp3's on this box but whatever is cool
Ram - I want cheap 256mb :p
Video and Sound - onboard on the mb will be cheaper but if no just like radeon 9000 sound dont care
Ethernet card - whatever is cheap

I thinks thats it... Thanks for listining to my rambling

Well I dont know much about mobos so I would have to find one that would work with that chip, but I will keep it in mind. I got your page bookmarked.

Or ill sell ya the whole pc for $125 shipped(works fine) all you need is a HP restore disk($17 from hp)...No ram in system though

Thanks for the offer but I want to build my own. I love this kinda stuff, building something myself. I dont know its just a great feeling. Plus that is all my money right there. I dont know maybe I am asking too much of people.

I have a cyrix 550 you can have....it is a socket 370 processor.....and it will get you running till you can do a pentiumIII. Socket 370 mobos are available for cheap....like a PCchips....won't set the world on fire but will build a reliable stable box, and they usually have pretty good onboard audio, video, and an AMR modem. Look through pricewatch.com.

drop me a line at rnkknrATaol.com

You got email

I know everyone has old parts that they are not using. I really want to build my computer.

I have this PIII 450/512/100....

PIII450.jpg

...I'll let it go for $16 shipped.

midnight you have pm back

thanks for the offer five-by-five but I went with another proc sorry! thank you for offering though, I appreciate it.

midnightrat I have sleep now so I can get up for school in the morning so I wont be able to respond to email until after 4pm eastern time when I get back, so if there is anything urgent then you can post here as i can check during school. thanks

I know you all have parts that you dont need anymore... I still need a cd drive and hd and some other stuff

Is this exactly 6 hours bump?

Last time Im gonna do it bump

I NEED THE FOLLOWING THINGS

RAM - Will take 128mb but I prefer 256mb
CASE AND PSU - Looking for something combined, less than $30.00
HARD DRIVE - 10,20,40 gb I dont care as long as it is below $30.00
CD ROM - dont need to burn just read CHEAP IS GOOD but slow is bad

i have a cd-rom drive that you can have for the cost of shipping. its a compaq/lite on 40x but it has no drive bezel... lmk

what form factor is the motherboard you have chosen? ATX or micro ATX?

Back