WTB "Nigerian Core" i7 from Newegg

griff30

Supreme [H]ardness
WTB one of the Newegg knock-off "Nigerian Core" i7 that Newegg is selling.
After you get your "real" ,working, Intel part, list your plastic "demo" knock-off here for an offer. :D
Within reason of course, Niether I nor any sane person would spend what you did on the CPU you got screwed for so make reasonable offers..:;)
This could be fun.

bump for a man on a mission...but I would assume Newegg would want those back.;)

Just order one off newegg, lol. But good luck with it though.

I'd offer $20 paypal for the Nigerian Core I7.

Last edited by a moderator:
im pretty sure like 10 people (total) got one. aka your chances are very slim. id say PM the one guy on the forums we know got one (they mentioned his user name in a front page news article if you need help finding him) and shoot him a PM. otherwise, try calling newegg and see if theyll let you have one?

I'm sure Newegg is going to want them back so they can get real ones from their supplier. Good luck though.

Apparently newegg sent out fake plastice cpu,s.and griff30 would like one for a souvenir.

I hear those Nigerian cores oc to 1.21 jigahertz. :D
I wouldn't mind having one myself, I bet the people who got them though had to send them back to get their US replacement. ;)

But sir, Mr. OP, if we trust the intel on Intel, with the counterfeiting, you might be better off with a Phenom rig!

There's one on ebay for $1000!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im willing to go $20.
$1000 is an ebay trick. No money will change hands there.

I have about 300 i7 920's FS: freshly returned from various e-tailers. REAL i7's PROMISE!

I have about 300 i7 920's FS: freshly returned from various e-tailers. REAL i7's PROMISE!

I'll buy the Nigerian model for $20...
Just a bump before those go for more than the real thing..Sheesh:eek:

Nigerian core! Hah, love it. The hitler video cements this as a piece of history that will never be forgotten.

Im willing to go $20.
$1000 is an ebay trick. No money will change hands there.

Perhaps a lawyer will need it right now in order to sue the one who's at fault for this counterfeit CPU.. it'd be some nice evidence to present in front of a judge! $1000 is pocket change for a filthy rich lawyer!

LOLOLOL you know what... id even buy a fake nigerian core i7 for $20... if some ones got two they wanna sell... hahha gotta give this guy the first one though lololololololol

This was an American scam but it's more acceptable to label it something else.

The fake processor was sold in America but the jury is still out on where they came from. Notably due to the horrible spelling mistakes.
As for calling them Nigerian, my intent in calling the core Nigerian was to make fun of a knock-off/scam which was not deliberate by Newegg but deliberate by someone. Who knows where they came from at this time? The "Nigerian core" was my name for the knock off, not Intel or anyone else so please take no offence and dont blame anyone else,
The average Nigerian has some big shoulders for all the problems with Nigerian email scams that come from a few in thier country.
My offer still stand at $20 paypal for a fake Intel I7 complete package Box, instructions and "demo" CPU.
Call it Nigerian, Knock-off, scam, pleather CPU or whatever, someone got taken (albeit briefly) and I thought I would give them some money for thier problem. I wasnt trying to knock Nigerians, they have enough problems.

Last edited:
I hear those Nigerian cores oc to 1.21 jigahertz. :D
I wouldn't mind having one myself, I bet the people who got them though had to send them back to get their US replacement. ;)

Gonna need something like, lightning, to get that kind of power

Back