WTB: Intel i7 920 or W3520 that will do 4.4Ghz+ Stable on air

hkpolice

Weaksauce
Please be able to post a screenshot showing Linx stability

Also interested in new sealed in box CPUs if it's from a good batch. I have over 150 heatware under hkpolice and paypal ready with a verified address.

Let me know what you have :)

Thanks

curious as to how much you would be offering for a CPU like this?

That depends on how good the chip is and if the seller can provide authentic screenshots with good heatware references.

We all know that Microcenter has been selling 920s @ $199 + tax for months, I'm willing to pay more than a $50 premium for a good proven chip.

Honestly I rather buy a BNIB chip from a good batch because it's so easy to fake screenshots anyway.

Edit: this guy sold a 4.4Ghz 920 chip before, but I missed it: http://hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463754&highlight=4.4ghz

Last edited:
4.4GHz on air? It's possible, but good luck. I don't think that there are many that can do this.

That depends on how good the chip is and if the seller can provide authentic screenshots with good heatware references.

We all know that Microcenter has been selling 920s @ $199 + tax for months, I'm willing to pay more than a $50 premium for a good proven chip.

Honestly I rather buy a BNIB chip from a good batch because it's so easy to fake screenshots anyway.

Edit: this guy sold a 4.4Ghz 920 chip before, but I missed it: http://hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463754&highlight=4.4ghz

go try your luck, you can always resell the chip with little loss if things don't go your way. With a MC nearby that is what i'd do.

Edit: For the Record my 3913A does 4.4 ghz stable but is under high end water. More info for you to hunt, hope it helps.

Last edited:
A premium chip like that is going to cost you more then $50 bucks over a MC chip anyway.

No offense to that guy but he never posted the screen shots when someone asked about them either. And 4.4ghrz+ on air 24-7 stable is a big obstacle also to deal with.

But i hope you do get one though and hopefully you will post some info and screen shots on it after you get it. I would look for some batches in the order 3849b, 3845B,3849A.

Yes, but 1.36v + 4.4ghz + air = teh hotness. Probably 90+C load temps on the best cooling.

Besides, you might be needing upwards of 1.4 to reach 4.4. With my NHU12 in push/pull plus 4.0 at 1.25V, I'm seeing close to 80+c temps. I live in the South and I realize the U12 isn't the best... but still.

9/10 3849 batches will do 4.2-4.4 on air stable (granted has to be best air possible). Ive had two of them under water that did 4.4HT 20linx stable load temps in the low to mid 70s. Best air cooler would be about 10C warmer, which is still fine.

I have a 3849B coming to me. I will probably sell it as I got a w3540 now. Im going to compair them, and see what I can get. $265 shipped ($50 premium over MC plus tax) is fine with me should I decide to sell.

9/10 3849 batches will do 4.2-4.4 on air stable (granted has to be best air possible). Ive had two of them under water that did 4.4HT 20linx stable load temps in the low to mid 70s. Best air cooler would be about 10C warmer, which is still fine.

I have a 3849B coming to me. I will probably sell it as I got a w3540 now. Im going to compair them, and see what I can get. $265 shipped ($50 premium over MC plus tax) is fine with me should I decide to sell.

I got one of his chips, and it's golden at 4.0/1.25V. Nothing that I do needs an i7 at 4.0ghz, and the returns just get diminishing as you have to raise the voltage by a lot to get to 4.4. Around 1.45V IIRC. I don't believe any air cooler can handle that.

I got one of his chips, and it's golden at 4.0/1.25V. Nothing that I do needs an i7 at 4.0ghz, and the returns just get diminishing as you have to raise the voltage by a lot to get to 4.4. Around 1.45V IIRC. I don't believe any air cooler can handle that.

4.4Ghz @ 1.45v is not very 'golden' IMO :(

I have a TRUE + IFX14 both lapped /w washer mods and panaflo 120x38mm fans but I don't think they could handle 1.45v.

I will take the 3849B if cecil decides to sell though.

BTW, msged the craigslist guy, no response :(

This guy named tulsageoff in the buy and sell section in the EVGA forums is selling a W3520 that will do 4.3GHz. That's all I know.

Hope that helps.

Thats not that good at all. One of the 3849As I had did 4 at 1.2, 4.2 at 1.27, and 4.4 at 1.35.

Exactly what I'm looking for :)

Let me know when you get another CPU,
Thanks

Person I bought it from is giving me the run around. Saying he wont be able to ship till Wed. If you can wait, I will too, if not Im going to get a refund.

You might also want to contact Ben from TankGuys. If you provide the batch number you are interested in he might be able to search his inventory and get/find it for you. IIRC Antaresdigital used to sell CPU's per the batch number. Anyway, its another place to check.

You might also want to contact Ben from TankGuys. If you provide the batch number you are interested in he might be able to search his inventory and get/find it for you. IIRC Antaresdigital used to sell CPU's per the batch number. Anyway, its another place to check.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately they don't ship outside the US :(

Back