WTB: Full Tower Case

theDon

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking to buy or even good suggestions for a Full Tower Case that supports E-ATX and 10 plus 3.5 HDDs. I am replacing my server and would like to move from a 4U rack case to a tower style. I am open to offers and failing that suggestions on good products Thanks in advance!

I am located in Ky the 40701 zip code.

Last edited:
I was looking for a case for an X10DRG board, searching brought me to Fractal Design Define 7 XL
I havent purchased it yet, but Fractals site "Mount up to 18 HDD/SSDs plus five SSDs in the Storage Layout"

Last edited:
Meshify 2 XL is a good case option (same setup as the define 7 XL, but with better airflow, can do 10+ as well. Will have to buy the cages though to get up to that size. I'm running one as my main rig chassis with 6 drives atm (would do more, but board is maxed), plenty of room for even a SSI-EEB mobo (running ATX), with a MO-RA3 setup.

Thanks how many HDDs fit in this stock?
Both the Define 7 Xl, and Meshify 2 XL support 6 drives out of the box. They both use the same chassis, only difference really is the front cover. The Define 7 XL uses a front door that closes, and has sound dampening side panels, where as the Meshify 2 XL uses a mesh front for better airflow. Both can scale above 10 drives when you buy the additional brackets, they only provide 6 of them to start with. Technically you could put 18 3.5 drives if you buy enough brackets (14 easily, but can do16 if your power supply isn't enormous). So 16 with the standard brackets, and 18 drives with the multi bracket positions.

I don't suppose your near the Detroit area? I have a CoolerMaster MasterBox 5 I believe that I'm not using. Although I don't think it has the 10x 3.5" drive capacity you're looking for. I was running an E-ATX board in it though.

If youre in northern California, I have a CM Haf X you can have for free.

You guys rule. I am in South Eastern Kentucky so unfortunately shipping would be the only option. Given the size I’m sure that would not be cheap or easy.

TT900 ? I have one that I am not using, which I previously used with 6 HDD's + 4 SSD's (through some creative mounting) and an EATX mobo....

Shipping will be high though (I am a few states north of you), but may be worth it if you need the size/volume !

Please pm me if interested :D

Can use PirateShip to save lots on shipping, bump (I am not affiliated, just a fan of saving money and helping others here).

Doesn't cost a cent to sign up and get a quote, anyway!

Meshify 2 XL is a good case option (same setup as the define 7 XL, but with better airflow, can do 10+ as well. Will have to buy the cages though to get up to that size. I'm running one as my main rig chassis with 6 drives atm (would do more, but board is maxed), plenty of room for even a SSI-EEB mobo (running ATX), with a MO-RA3 setup.
Can vouch. I have both. Top quality and roomy.

if you dont come up with anything here there is also the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Server Edition
ill also say i like the meshify.

The best place to get big cases is if you've got a computer recyclery near you. I got one last year when I bought a tower cooler that was too big for my case (whoops)... No USB3 for the front/top though, but lots of room for hard drives, and it came with a free DVD drive and it looks rediculous on my desk ;)

The best place to get big cases is if you've got a computer recyclery near you. I got one last year when I bought a tower cooler that was too big for my case (whoops)... No USB3 for the front/top though, but lots of room for hard drives, and it came with a free DVD drive and it looks rediculous on my desk ;)
Honestly that’s more what I was expecting to find an old beige monstrosity that had no cages just a bracket going from top to bottom to screw HDDs into. Big enough for a sticker or spray paint Rush montage. 😀

OP should post their zipcode / state in the original post :)

Maybe you can find a Corsair 900D. An old case that I didn't like working on, but I think it meets your criteria.

OP should post their zipcode / state in the original post :)

Maybe you can find a Corsair 900D. An old case that I didn't like working on, but I think it meets your criteria.
It's already on their profile...

Get fine threaded thumb screws and swap them out with the screws that came with the 900D. The 900D came with thumb screws that are kinda course and rough on the threads (they seem to have tapped the 900D with the wrong thread pitch). I took thumb screws from a Lian li case that had a finer thread pitch and they worked perfect for the 900D. After that, you have yourself a nice case :)

Last edited:
Back